Aclima delivers hyperlocal air pollution and climate emissions intelligence at unprecedented block-by-block resolution. Our air quality mapping and analysis platform empowers governments, companies, researchers and citizens to reduce emissions and protect public health, at both the local and global level.
Based on years of R&D, Aclima’s platform combines our breakthrough mobile and stationary sensing technology, climate science and machine learning to provide next-generation diagnostics of critical air pollutants — from CO2 and methane to particulate matter. With this new layer of Environmental Intelligence, Aclima makes the invisible visible, charting a new course for improving human and planetary health.
Aclima was recognized as a 2017 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, as well as being named one of the prestigious 2018 Global Cleantech 100 companies. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit blog.aclima.io.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Aclima is hiring a Fleet Manager to join our Technical Operations team. As Fleet Manager you will be a critical contributor to Aclima’s success, leading mobile data collections within the Bay Area.
- Manage the operations of our Bay Area mobile data collection fleet
- Build out and train the support teams necessary to ensure excellence at every level of execution
- Work with Driver Coordinators, and Operators to troubleshoot issues with cars, routes, and schedules.
- Work to implement effective processes across the fleet
- Prior successful management of teams, and complex projects, including logistics coordination across personnel, and materials/hardware across wide regions
- Excellent leadership skills, management of both salaried and hourly team members
- Highly detail-oriented and obsessively organized
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with dynamic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to creatively resolve pain points to achieve greater operational efficiency and reduced friction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to give clear, actionable instructions and the ability to synthesize multiple streams of information
- You have managed a fleet with dozens to hundreds of vehicles and drivers using IoT and mobile tech tools
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
Full-time position only. Out of area candidates may be considered. Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
Aclima employees work incredibly hard, and we work incredibly hard to thank them. We offer a competitive compensation package, equity potential and excellent benefits. You’ll appreciate our challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical/dental/vision, 401K, commuter and wellness, company events and an extraordinary culture.
Learn More About Aclima
- Aclima: Driving Science: Mapping Air Pollution in Oakland
- Aclima: California Data Stories
- Google: The High-Res Future of Anti-Pollution Tech
- Google: Getting Hyper-Local: Mapping Street Level Air Quality Across California
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing why you are the ideal candidate for this role. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.