Aclima delivers hyperlocal air pollution and climate emissions intelligence at unprecedented block-by-block resolution. Our air quality mapping and analysis platform empowers governments, companies, researchers and citizens to reduce emissions and protect public health, at both the local and global level.
Based on years of R&D, Aclima’s platform combines our breakthrough mobile and stationary sensing technology, climate science and machine learning to provide next-generation diagnostics of critical air pollutants — from CO2 and methane to particulate matter. With this new layer of Environmental Intelligence, Aclima makes the invisible visible, charting a new course for improving human and planetary health.
Aclima was recognized as a 2017 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, as well as being named one of the prestigious 2018 Global Cleantech 100 companies. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit blog.aclima.io.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Aclima is looking for a Driver Manager to join our Bay Area staff. This person must be a natural leader, someone who is personable and can exercise authority when needed. This person must own the wellbeing and performance of his or her team. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt within our rapidly growing company.
This position reports to the Data Collection and Fleet Operations Manager.
- Manage a team of drivers, exercising discretion and independent judgment in day-to-day operations
- Work with Data Collection and Fleet Operations Manager on driver hiring and training
- Coach and discipline drivers to improve driving performance, with guidance from HR and Safety/Compliance teams at HQ
- Coordinate with Aclima Field Technicians on vehicle and hardware maintenance
- Conduct driver team “huddles” to ensure tight coordination, conduction periodic retraining, and reinforce Aclima policies and standards
- Monitor/record driver attendance and turnover
- Identify operational improvements to increase driver & fleet efficiency
- Establish and track team goals
- On call during and after office hours to support driver emergencies and troubleshooting
- Potential for managing a Driver Coordinator, mentoring that individual in their career progression towards Driver Manager
- 3-5 Years experience managing teams of people
- College degree preferred
- Dispatch and driver communication experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in execution
- Able to multi-task
- Able to prioritize among competing demands
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathetic, friendly, and approachable
- Fast and efficient follow through on driver & ops-side requests
- Able to coach and develop teams to meet company expectations
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack, Samsara, ADP preferred
- Full time, exempt position
- Based out of Aclima HQ in San Francisco
- Out of area candidates will not be considered
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Compensation and Benefits:
Aclima employees work incredibly hard, and we work incredibly hard to thank them. We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits. You’ll appreciate our challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401K, LTD, AD&D, commuter and wellness, company events and extraordinary culture.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment.