Aclima delivers hyperlocal air pollution and climate emissions intelligence at unprecedented block-by-block resolution. Based on years of R&D, Aclima’s platform combines breakthrough sensing technology, climate science and machine learning to provide next-generation diagnostics of critical air pollutants. With this new layer of environmental intelligence, Aclima makes the invisible visible, charting a new course for improving human and planetary health.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
Aclima is looking for a Lead Firmware Engineer who is passionate about contributing to this mission. In this player/coach role (both contributing to and managing firmware development), you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership to the firmware engineering organization
- Prioritizing embedded systems development
- Driving architectural design of Aclima’s embedded systems infrastructure
- Improving system design with cross-functional collaboration
- Writing Linux device drivers and userspace applications
- Bringing up new PCBs, testing, and debugging
- Preferred: BS degree in Computer Science, EE, or related field
- 10+ years building and debugging embedded systems with Linux and/or RTOS
- 2+ years of management experience
- C/C++/Python skills
- Familiar with SoC (e.g., ARM, x86) and MCU software development
- Mastery of MCU peripherals (clocks, power management, timers, counters, PWM, ADC, USB, I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Wireless software stacks. (802.15.4, Bluetooth, WiFi)
- Setting up and managing the firmware quality assurance process
- Ability to deploy, maintain, and upgrade a network of 1000+ IoT devices.
Our engineering culture values rapid iteration, continuous improvement, and as much automation as is sensible. This requires a leader who will not simply look to mitigate risk, but to realize opportunity. A vital member of the Engineering team, you will join an incredible group of people working together with a common purpose.
Compensation and Benefits:
Aclima employees work incredibly hard, and we work incredibly hard to thank them. We offer a competitive compensation package, equity potential and excellent benefits. You’ll appreciate our challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401K, commuter and wellness, company events and extraordinary culture.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Aclima was recognized as a 2017 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, as well as being named one of the prestigious 2018 Global Cleantech 100 companies. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit blog.aclima.io.