Aclima delivers hyperlocal air quality data and insights, at block-by-block resolution. We combine leading-edge sensor technology, climate science, enterprise software and machine learning to generate high-resolution maps of emissions across pollutants –– from CO2 and methane to particulate matter. Translating real-time data into environmental intelligence, Aclima transforms how we understand and manage our communities, cities, and industries to improve human and planetary health. Aclima is a 2017 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, as well as one of the prestigious 2018 Global Cleantech 100 companies. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. For more information, visit www.aclima.io.
Aclima is looking for a creative and driven Senior Product Manager who is passionate about leveraging technology for good and invested in realizing Aclima’s vision. Aclima is a fast-paced work environment with a highly interdisciplinary team –– one that requires you to be autonomous, flexible, resourceful and an excellent, empathetic communicator above all else. We are seeking individuals who are self-starters and excited about the opportunity to define the future of the company. This requires a leader who will not simply look to mitigate risk, but to see and realize opportunity.
You will lead, define and shape the product development process across Aclima. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the data experience of all internal and external engineers, scientists, leaders, and citizens who use Aclima software tools and APIs to visualize, interact with, and analyze the mass of data generated by our networks and resulting insights. You will help to establish and execute upon the product roadmap, working cross-functionally to translate our technology into products, features, and experiences with the greatest possible value to end users.
- Refine and implement overall strategy, product roadmap and technical/feature specifications for new products based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends, and platform capabilities.
- Manage product life-cycle from inception through to execution, and productization.
- Prototype product and service offering with early customers and partners to assess fit and value.
- Communicate the product roadmap to ensure alignment with company vision, timelines and objectives.
- Lead our cross-functional teams through new product launch process.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Business, Design and other teams across Aclima to understand their vision, objectives and opportunities for strategic alignment.
- 5+ years of product management experience at a technology company, including exposure to agile development methodology or similar.
- Passion for Aclima’s mission and technology.
- Strong technical competence, and ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams.
- Established ability to solve open-ended problems in fast moving environments.
- Adaptive, highly-collaborative and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to bring simplicity and structure to ambiguous challenges with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong opinions on the product development process.
- Proactive initiative and ownership mindset, with the ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences; excellent and persuasive written and verbal communications skills.
Any one of these is a plus
- Experience with B2B or government markets
- Experience with hardware products
- Experience with environmental, energy, and/or health issues or products
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Aclima has made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment.
Full-time position only.
Compensation and Benefits
Aclima employees work incredibly hard, and we work incredibly hard to thank them. We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits. You’ll appreciate our challenging work environment, exceptional colleagues, strong business momentum, and the ability to make a difference. Benefits include: medical/dental/vision/life/LTD, 401K, flex spending, commuter and wellness, company events and an extraordinary culture.
Learn More About Aclima
- Aclima: Driving Science: Mapping Air Pollution in Oakland
- Aclima: California Data Stories
- Google: The High-Res Future of Anti-Pollution Tech
- Google: Getting Hyper-Local: Mapping Street Level Air Quality Across California
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role.