We have a future to create.
So join us, as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We’re at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering.
Our 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We’re a hardware, software and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We’re big data gurus and in-the-field problem solvers.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us.
We offer competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision care, flex spending, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holiday and personal time, and we are committed to diversity and to our veterans.
Provide expert software architecture, design and development for a family of multi-tier 24x7 hosted web applications that scale to millions of users and a workflow solution for calculating and delivering email and SMS alerts to consumers. The applications focus on the consumer presentment and analysis of billing and AMI data. This would include expertise in Microsoft .NET technologies, SQL Server database, WCF Services, Web Services, Azure Platform services, Azure Data storage, Web APIs, scalable systems, web security among other experience.
Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, system architecture, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Maintain software developed in Microsoft VS.NET, ASP.NET and SQL Server. Strong analytical skills required.
- Work closely with QA and Product Management to resolve product issues in all parts of our software applications.
- Contribute to software development process improvement. The software development team is committed to continuous improvement of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Work independently as well as jointly with other team members on tasks assigned to meet required deadlines
- Develop, or assist in the development of, in-house automated testing and simulation applications.
- Contribute to design\software peer reviews.
- Document software and system designs as required.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
0 to 3 years’ experience in software development using the Microsoft toolset. Experience with Visual Studio 2008/2010 and practical understanding of the .Net framework.
Experience with VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, Web Services, WSE, SOAP, and other distributed technologies and architectures.
XML/XSL/XPATH and related technologies.
SQL Server 2005/2008.
Basic understanding of Transact-SQL.
Exposure or understanding of bug tracking systems and processes.
Advanced understanding of MS architecture best practices.
Basic understanding of unit testing processes and practices.
Object-Oriented analysis and design skills.
Strong problem solving skills.
Good communication skills.
Experience with Source Control tools. Knowledge of MS TFS
- Microsoft Certificate
- Negligible travel via air or land