Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group is currently seeking highly qualified and motivated Associate level professionals who are interested in developing a career in commercial real estate finance to join our Boston office.
Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group is the industry’s preeminent boutique real estate capital advisory firm that offers a wide variety of cutting-edge commercial real estate capital markets financing solutions, including debt, equity and mezzanine financing, preferred and joint venture equity, sponsor equity and investment sales. In business for over 90 years, the privately held company is headquartered in New York City with offices in Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. The firm is highly regarded within the industry for its integrity, creativity, and advocacy on behalf of its clients. Ethics and trust are the core ethos of the firm. Ackman-Ziff’s unparalleled commitment to aligning itself with its clients through a totally collaborative model differentiates it from other firms.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Associate will be a member of the transaction execution team and will work closely with senior management to provide clients with the most attractive capital solutions available in the market. Responsibilities will include:
- Perform preliminary underwriting analysis using discounted cash flow analysis, income capitalization, leveraged IRR and comparable sales and cost analysis
- Prepare lender presentations, offering memoranda and marketing materials including detailed market studies, cash flow analysis, transaction highlights and project descriptions
- Present offering memorandum to prospective capital sources
- Manage the collection of all required due-diligence materials
- Work closely with senior management to assist in the execution of debt, mezzanine, and equity financings
- Review term sheets, loan documentation, third party reports and miscellaneous documents relevant to transactions
- Identify and research real estate property trends, debt capital markets and equity trends in order to provide clients and internal sources with sophisticated market color
- Oversee and review work performed by analysts and interns
- Attend client meetings and industry events to support the origination of new opportunities
- Advanced degree in commercial real estate finance and/or two to three years’ experience in commercial brokerage or lending
- Financial analysis/underwriting experience including advanced modeling skills in Excel
- Strong communication skills to manage both internal and client expectations
- Intimate knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint; ARGUS experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment while possessing excellent self-motivational and entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between multiple projects with deadlines in the same time frame
- Debt capital markets knowledge a plus
Ackman-Ziff offers a competitive compensation structure and a full range of benefits.