Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group is currently seeking a highly qualified and motivated Director level professional to join our execution team in our New York office.The primary focus of the role will be the execution of highly structured debt and equity transactions.
Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group is the industry’s preeminent boutique real estate capital advisory firm that offers a wide variety of cutting-edge commercial real estate capital markets financing solutions, including debt, equity and mezzanine financing, preferred and joint venture equity, sponsor equity and investment sales. In business for over 90 years, the privately held company is headquartered in New York City with offices in Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Boston. The firm is highly regarded within the industry for its integrity, creativity, and advocacy on behalf of its clients. Ethics and trust are the core ethos of the firm. Ackman-Ziff’s unparalleled commitment to aligning itself with its clients through a totally collaborative model differentiates it from other firms.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Director will be an integral member of the transaction execution team and will work closely with senior management to provide clients with the most attractive capital markets solutions available. Responsibilities include:
- Pre-screen transactions prior to the full underwriting and execution
- Perform underwriting analysis using discounted cash flow analysis, income capitalization, leveraged IRR and comparable sales and cost analysis
- Prepare lender presentations, offering memoranda and marketing materials including detailed market studies, cash flow analysis, transaction highlights and project descriptions
- Present offering memorandum to prospective capital sources
- Manage the collection of all required due-diligence materials
- Work closely with senior management to assist in the execution of debt, mezzanine, and equity transactions
- Review lender and investor term sheets, loan documentation, third party reports and miscellaneous documents relevant to transactions
- Identify and research real estate property trends, debt capital markets and equity trends in order to provide clients and internal members with sophisticated market color
- Attend client meetings and industry events to support the origination and execution of new opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with owners and developers
Skills and Qualifications
- Five to seven years of experience in commercial real estate investing, capital markets brokerage, or commercial real estate debt lending
- Advanced degree preferred
- Financial analysis/underwriting experience
- Strong communication skills to manage both internal and client expectations
- Expert command of Excel, Word, PowerPoint; ARGUS experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment while possessing excellent self-motivational and entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between multiple projects
Ackman-Ziff offers a competitive compensation structure and a full range of benefits.