Founded in 2019, Acelerate is a technology platform powering the next generation of restaurants. Our mission is to make restaurants better for everyone by leveraging technology and virtual brands to increase restaurant profitability, improve earning opportunities for staff, and offer an unparalleled selection of food choices for consumers everywhere. We’ve raised $14.4M to date and are backed by Sequoia Capital.
We are obsessed with creating a people-first inclusive company and are committed to enabling our teammates to build a great life and career. We believe people do their best work when they have purpose, autonomy, endless opportunities for growth, and we work hard to make this possible.
About the role
As a Culinary Operations Training Specialist reporting to our Head of Culinary Operations, you will work closely with restaurants and other kitchens to build lasting, successful partnerships that will ensure Acelerate’s virtual brands quickly become favorites among the local consumer base. Using your culinary expertise, you will train these fulfillment partners to flawlessly execute our brands, working side by side to achieve quality gold standards and exceptional customer satisfaction. Your responsibilities will begin during the sales & prospecting of future kitchens and continue through fulfillment partner launch and growth. Your success in this role will have a direct, positive impact on local restaurants’ revenue streams, helping them achieve higher gross sales within their markets.
This is a hybrid role, requiring frequent local travel for in-person trainings with fulfillment partners as needed.
What you'll do...
Sales & Prospecting:
- Partner with local outside sales representative to identify potential fulfillment partners and assess both their culinary abilities and capacity to support our virtual brand portfolio
- Manage launch timeline and culinary operations calendar for the local market
- Provide comprehensive culinary training and support to fulfillment partners to maintain Acelerate’s virtual brand gold standard recipes and SOPs; minimum of 8-12 trainings per month
- Collaborate with supply chain companies to ensure SKU accuracy and inform local market pricing decisions
- Continuously assess fulfillment partners’ food quality and consistency by conducting scheduled tastings, secret shopping, and monitoring customer reviews across multiple platforms
- Provide frequent coaching and retraining for fulfillment partners that are not meeting set metrics
What you bring...
- Formal culinary education (required)
- Strong history of culinary work experience with additional management or small business owner experience preferred
- Passion for food and creating amazing, crave-able culinary experiences
- Excellent working knowledge of macro kitchen mechanics, such as large cooking equipment (ovens, fryers, flat tops, etc.) and refrigeration equipment and their intended uses and capacities
- Ability to taste all types of foods, including but not limited to foods containing animal proteins, wheat, soy, eggs, dairy, nuts and tree nuts, and sesame
- Passion and knack for building and maintaining relationships - you are a people person!
- Meticulous organizational skills - you can keep track of many moving pieces at once
- Patience and positivity - we want our restaurant partners to reach their greatest potential for success, and that starts with our sincere belief that we can help them do it
- Willingness and ability to travel locally with a personal vehicle (required; mileage reimbursed); flexibility to travel regionally 20% of the year
- Competitive Salary
- Meaningful Stock Options
- Full Benefits - Medical (Aetna PPO), Dental, and Vision Insurance (Guardian)
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Ability to taste test our virtual brands’ menus (Foodie Heaven!)
At Acelerate, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Acelerate believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.