Founded in 2019, Acelerate is a technology platform powering the next generation of restaurants. Our mission is to make restaurants better for everyone by leveraging technology and virtual brands to increase restaurant profitability, improve earning opportunities for staff, and offer an unparalleled selection of food choices for consumers everywhere. We’ve raised $14.4M to date and are backed by Sequoia Capital.
We are obsessed with creating a people-first inclusive company and are committed to enabling our teammates to build a great life and career. We believe people do their best work when they have purpose, autonomy, endless opportunities for growth, and we work hard to make this possible.
About the role
As a Senior Strategy & Operations Manager reporting to our Founder & CEO, you will lead strategy and operations in Los Angeles, one of our largest markets. Acelerate seeks a challenge-oriented leader who is excited about operating within the whitespace with significant autonomy to build and execute market strategy. You will be the face of Acelerate to our partnered restaurants, designing pathways for them to reach their highest potential; responsible for growing the market’s gross order volume; and leading a local team of sales and culinary professionals. By conducting regular, in-depth analyses of customer reviews, operator feedback, and KPI tracking, you will ensure operational excellence across all accounts. This operationally-minded role will be a cornerstone in guiding the market toward hitting critical milestones as Acelerate builds its impact nationwide.
This is a primarily remote role with some in-person meetings required as needed.
What you'll do…
- Create an overall market strategy through market research and industry trend analysis, always keeping in mind how strategic decisions may impact operations and financials
- Own market P&L, and ensure that the market growth is aligned with critical goals and milestones (90 days, 180 days, 360 days) set in the overall market strategy while always seeking opportunities for improvement
- Lead and develop a local team, including Sales Account Executives (responsible for prospecting and bringing on new restaurant partners) and Culinary Operations Training Specialists (responsible for setting our restaurant partners up for success through detailed training support for all virtual brand recipes)
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with current and future operators and partnership contacts
- Collaborate with marketplace partners (Grubhub, Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc.) to ensure fluency across all operations
- Work cross-functionally with our operations, sales, engineering, product teams, and more to provide product feedback (hardware and software) and help roll out best practices
What you bring…
- 5+ years of experience in startups, operations management, consulting, investment banking, or technology
- Analytical background with experience in story-telling and making data-driven decisions. You have a natural ability to identify trends within a data set and place them in a big-picture context, and you know what data is needed to answer key business questions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - you are a self-starter who is able to take ownership of ambiguous tasks to ensure success, and you see unexpected challenges for the opportunities they offer. You act with urgency and enjoy significant responsibility.
- Passion and knack for building and maintaining relationships - you are a people person!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with deep comfort in working with stakeholders of varying levels, including senior leadership
- Passion for the restaurant and food industry
- Competitive Salary
- Meaningful Stock Options
- Full Benefits - Medical (Aetna PPO), Dental, and Vision Insurance (Guardian)
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Ability to taste test our virtual brands’ menus (Foodie Heaven!)
At Acelerate, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Acelerate believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.