We are looking for an energetic Student Recruiter to join our Community Outreach Team! You are a tenacious, goal oriented, team player who is constantly thinking creatively about where to find the ACE target student and family. You are ready to hit the streets, knocking door to door and sharing the ACE mission and model with our community. You are often the first face of ACE so you must embody passion for the mission: that all students, regardless of their struggles, will attend and graduate from college.
You will be managed by the Community Outreach Manager.
- Maintain the unwavering belief in the extraordinary potential of every student.
- Identify community events and find opportunities to promote our schools and raise awareness about our program to target families.
- Represent ACE Charter Schools out in the community (e.g., Door to Door, Tabling at Events) and tell the ACE story to prospective families.
- Organize a list of prospective students and families.
- Schedule appointments to meet with families either at the school, or at parents’ homes if necessary.
- Authentic relationship builder
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in recruitment preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to work weekends as necessary
- High School Diploma
Salary and Benefits:
- $15-$18 depending on experience
- Part-time, under 30 hours per week
Join ACE: Where Students Realize Their Extraordinary Potential
Since 2008, ACE has operated charter schools serving 5th-12th grade students in East San Jose with one goal: our students will confidently choose to attend and graduate from college. 98% of our graduates will be the first in their family to attend college.
ACE is the only charter school in California that strategically recruits students and families that have been left behind by the current education system. With support from the Community Outreach Team, ACE is committed to re-engage families with a school model through grassroots community organizing. As a result, 92% of our students are considered low-income and 50% are classified as English-Learners. 20% of ACE students qualify for Special Education services compared to 10-12% in neighborhood schools. At ACE, we understand that growth takes time. But, we are committed to preparing our students from 5th grade to 12th grade, and then through college, and we take time to celebrate growth along the way.
After 10 years, the ACE model is beginning to see results. 95% of the ACE High School Class of 2016 have persisted to their 2nd year of college. Many ACE alumni are eager to return to ACE and share their stories with the next generation of ACE student.
ACE Charter Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.