We are looking for a Manager of Community Engagement to join the CMO Team! You are a social-justice advocate - believing in the power of building community to serve the community. You are skilled at managing others to reach ambitious recruitment or outreach targets, and you look forward to building parent and student advocacy groups on each ACE campus.You are well-connected to East Side San Jose through community partners. You are a persuasive communicator, believing that the work of ACE Charter Schools empowers students and families.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Network Wide Student Recruitment
- Design a network-wide student recruitment strategy to meet or exceed ambitious enrollment targets.
- Persuasively and optimistically describe the ACE Mission and student, and train Community Outreach Managers to do the same.
- Track data weekly and revise the recruitment strategy as necessary.
- Oversee data entry at each site and ensure Community Outreach Managers are inputting data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the neighborhoods that ACE serves.
- Build relationships with and key partners around ACE schools (e.g. churches, community centers, elementary schools).
- Lead monthly meetings with the school-site Community Outreach teams.
- Lead on-boarding and training of new Community Outreach Managers.
- Generate and attend an annual calendar of community events with the Community Outreach Managers to insure brand visibility.
- Develop collateral that highlights our message and celebrates our results, in collaboration with the CMO team.
- Manage the Brand Ambassadors to build the ACE Network presence on social media.
Network-Wide Community Engagement
- Lead the planning and coordinating of Parent Leadership meetings at each school (e.g., LCAP, SSC, ELAC) in collaboration with the Community Outreach Managers.
- Support Community Outreach Managers in managing a student engagement calendar at each school site.
- Lead parent involvement for Staff Interviews, Cafecitos, Student Orientations, including training, presentations for schools to train their parents and staff.
- Coordinate the planning of ACE staff-wide events, including Summit, network days, teacher celebrations, etc.
- Support the planning of external-facing ACE events, including ACE's Annual Fundraising Event.
Activism and Community Organizing
- Design a community organizing strategy for ACE, in collaboration with the CEO.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with organizations aligned to the ACE mission, including schools, local government, community organizing and faith-based institutions.
- Attend meetings with key organizing groups to represent ACE and mobilize change.
- Support Community Outreach Managers in building student and parent leadership at each school.
- Train parent and student speakers to effectively and persuasively communicate their stories.
Education & Experience
- Your bachelor’s degree is required.
- Your ability to speak Spanish is required.
- You are skilled at building trusting relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including parents, students, external partners, and colleagues.
- Your 2 years+ of experience with Latino community organizing and outreach is required.
- You are knowledgeable in student recruitment, grassroots leadership development, community organizing, and/or public education.
- You are a strategic thinker - you create data-driven and are able to manage spreadsheets to insure the network is on track to meet our goals.
Salary & Benefits
- $75,000 – $80,000 annually depending on experience
- This position provides full health benefits, a 401k retirement plan and is EXEMPT.
In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, you will need to meet the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. You will be regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. You will frequently need to use hands or fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls. In this role, you will need to be able to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. You may occasionally need to lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. In terms of vision, the specifics required by this position are: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level is moderate to high in this environment.
Join ACE: Where Students Realize Their Extraordinary Potential
Since 2008, ACE has operated charter schools serving 5th-12th grade students in East San Jose with one goal: our students will confidently choose to attend and graduate from college. 98% of our graduates will be the first in their family to attend college.
ACE is the only charter school in California that strategically recruits students and families that have been left behind by the current education system. With support from the Community Outreach Team, ACE is committed to re-engage families with the ACE school model through grassroots community organizing. As a result, 92% of our students are considered low-income and 50% are classified as English-Learners. 20% of ACE students qualify for Special Education services compared to 10-12% in neighborhood schools. ACE students are considered to be performing below grade-level. At ACE, we understand that academic growth takes time. It may take multiple years to see the academic performance that will put students on the college-track. ACE is truly a 5th grade through college model and we take time to celebrate growth along the way.
After 10 years, the ACE model is beginning to see results. Over 85% of the ACE High School Class of 2016 have persisted to their 2nd year of college. Many ACE alumni are eager to return to ACE and share their stories with the next generation of ACE student.
ACE Charter Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.