We are looking an aspiring math teacher to join our team at ACE Empower! As a resident, you will work at ACE supporting a veteran ACE teacher, gradually taking on more teaching responsibilities as your skills develop. As a teacher resident, you will have priority hiring for a full-time teaching position for the 2020-21 school year.
- Maintain the unwavering belief in the extraordinary potential of every student.
- Maintain a growth mindset with all stakeholders.
- Build authentic relationships with students by serving as a mentor; consistently reinforce the belief that all students have the capacity to be successful through college.
- Build authentic relationships with families through school events, phone calls and conferences.
- Facilitate students’ mastery of academic standards through long-term planning, daily and weekly lesson plans, and execution of rigorous and engaging daily instruction.
- Collaborate with ACE Learning Specialists to support a full-inclusion model of Special Education to the greatest extent possible.
- Create a warm yet firm classroom culture through consistent implementation of behavior ladders.
- Celebrate student growth, as well as proficiency
- Consistently integrate coaching feedback.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all stakeholders.
- Approach professional development (training, observations, coaching and feedback) with commitment and reflection.
- Teaching and/or volunteer experience in San Jose schools or a community of similar demographics.
- Experience working with diverse student populations, including ELs and students with disabilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Salary and Benefits:
- $23/hr , 40 hours per week
- Full health benefits
- ACE will cover $3,150 per year towards tuition costs and all test fees.
- Salary will be that of a first year teacher at $55,300.
- Full health benefits
- Teacher Intern resident will pay for all tuition and test fees.
- Full teacher of record. Pay will be $56,900.
- ACE will cover BTSA training support.
Join ACE: Where Students Realize Their Extraordinary Potential
Since 2008, ACE has operated charter schools serving 5th-12th grade students in East San Jose with one goal: our students will confidently choose to attend and graduate from college. 98% of our graduates will be the first in their family to attend college.
ACE is the only charter school in California that strategically recruits students and families that have been left behind by the current education system. With support from the Community Outreach Team, ACE is committed to re-engage families with the ACE school model through grassroots community organizing. As a result, 92% of our students are considered low-income and 50% are classified as English-Learners. 20% of ACE students qualify for Special Education services compared to 10-12% in neighborhood schools. ACE students are considered to be performing below grade-level. At ACE, we understand that growth takes time. It may take multiple years to see the academic performance that will put students on the college-track. ACE is truly a 5th grade through college model and we take time to celebrate growth along the way.
After 10 years, the ACE model is beginning to see results. 95% of the ACE High School Class of 2016 have persisted to their 2nd year of college. Many ACE alumni are eager to return to ACE and share their stories with the next generation of ACE student.
ACE Charter Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.