We are looking for an energetic Community Outreach Manager to join our team at ACE Esperanza. Your responsibilities will fall under two priorities: student recruitment and family engagement. You are able to form authentic relationships with students, families and ACE staff at your school site. You will often be the first face of ACE for our students and families, so it is important to embody passion for our mission and model. You have connections to East San Jose through community organizations, professional and/or personal contacts. You are excited to use those connections to successfully recruit and retain students and families. You will be responsible for managing a Student Recruiter to insure that Esperanza is on track to meet ambitious student enrollment targets.
- Create a Student Recruitment Plan to recruit the ACE target student.
- Find opportunities in the community to promote our schools and raise awareness about our program
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners and organizations
- Make presentations at neighboring schools or large gatherings (e.g., Elementary School Expos, Catechism Classes)
- Train and manage student tour guides; Schedule, set up and lead campus visits
- Maintain and oversee family data in the School Mint database; Send out weekly reports regarding recruitment and enrollment numbers
- Manage calendar to meet with interested families, either at the school, or at parents’ homes
- Plan and coordinate Parent Leadership meetings (e.g., LCAP, Parent process for Staff Interviews, Growth Cycle)
- Build strategic relationships with key parents, to increase parent participation as a whole
- Attend all general parent meetings and workshops, and guide events as necessary
- Manage and enter all data in the Parent Participation Tracker
- In collaboration with the School Leadership team, carry out the Parent Engagement Plan, to ensure authentic opportunities for parents to participate in their children’s education
- Dynamic, engaging, professional with a positive attitude with the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail and exceptional follow-up and organization abilities.
- An ability to exercise critical thinking through ambiguous problems; Strong decision making ability, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Must have a car and the ability to drive to school sites.
- Computer proficiency with Google Mail, Google Calendar, Word and Excel.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Minimum High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: $50,000
- Full health benefits
Join ACE: Where Students Realize Their Extraordinary Potential
Since 2008, ACE has operated charter schools serving 5th-12th grade students in East San Jose with one goal: our students will confidently choose to attend and graduate from college. 98% of our graduates will be the first in their family to attend college.
ACE is the only charter school in California that strategically recruits students and families that have been left behind by the current education system. With support from the Community Outreach Team, ACE is committed to re-engage families with the ACE school model through grassroots community organizing. As a result, 92% of our students are considered low-income and 50% are classified as English-Learners. 20% of ACE students qualify for Special Education services compared to 10-12% in neighborhood schools. ACE students are considered to be performing below grade-level. At ACE, we understand that academic growth takes time. It may take multiple years to see the academic performance that will put students on the college-track. ACE is truly a 5th grade through college model and we take time to celebrate growth along the way.
After 10 years, the ACE model is beginning to see results. 95% of the ACE High School Class of 2016 have persisted to their 2nd year of college. Many ACE alumni are eager to return to ACE and share their stories with the next generation of ACE student.
ACE Charter Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.