Join ACE: Where Students Realize Their Extraordinary Potential
We are the only charter school in California that strategically recruits students and families that have been left behind by the current education system. As a result, 92% of our students are considered low-income and 50% are classified as English-Learners. After 10 years, our model is beginning to see results: 95% of the ACE High School Class of 2016 have persisted to their 2nd year of college. Our family includes school leaders, staff, the central office, and our alumni; we are eager for you to join us!
We are looking for an inspiring Principal to lead our flagship school, ACE Empower Academy! Reporting to the Director of Schools, you will be crucial to championing the school’s mission and values to all stakeholders and provide the vision for the school’s growth and development. You will be responsible for building a transformational optimistic school culture, as well as set the instructional vision for the school through strong leadership, communication, and management skills.
- Champion students and families: You believe that every student has extraordinary potential and that their proficiency and growth should be celebrated. You look forward to building links with students and their families and supporting the Dean of Students in developing a recruitment plan that ensures that at least 60% of students are from the ACE middle schools. You will collaborate with CMO and school staff and ensure that all programming, advisory, and afterschool programming are aligned with our mission and vision.
- Govern and lead school and instructional leadership: You inspire all staff to align with the ACE mission and values through a growth mindset and student-focused perspective. You enjoy training others to become exemplary coaches for teachers; this includes ensuring each teacher has clear performance targets and building a culture of instructional excellence and constant improvement. In previous roles, you analyzed data and can leverage this skill to analyze program effectiveness and identify areas of improvement. You’re excited to work with the Administrative Team to foster a culture of transparency, openness, responsiveness, and stakeholder agreement. You have experience communicating effectively and respectfully and believe that people can grow through dedication and hard work.
Education & Experience
- You hold a bachelor’s degree and have experience as a Principal, school administrator or equivalent leadership experience managing programs and staff. MA and/or Ed.D preferred.
- You have classroom teaching experience in the secondary grades (6-12) and a proven track record of using data to increase student learning.
- You have experience leading a team of educators as an Instructional Coach or Assistant Principal.
- You are a mission-driven individual who has experience working with diverse student populations, including English language learners and students with disabilities.
- You are bilingual in Spanish and English, with at least conversational-level of Spanish.
Salary & Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary and this position includes full health benefits and CALSTRS retirement plan. This position is EXEMPT.
- We are located in beautiful San Jose, minutes away from the CalTrain, a diverse and eclectic food scene, the beaches of Santa Cruz, museums and the stadium of our very own San Jose Giants.
To perform essential functions for the role, you should be able to:
- Talk, hear and communicate with both adults and children
- Use hands or fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds and climb ladders
- In terms of vision, have close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus