Join ACE: Where Students Realize Their Extraordinary Potential
We are the only charter school in California that strategically recruits students and families that have been left behind by the current education system. As a result, 92% of our students are considered low-income and 50% are classified as English-Learners. After 10 years, our model is beginning to see results: 95% of the ACE High School Class of 2016 have persisted to their 2nd year of college. Our family includes school leaders, staff, the central office, and our alumni; we are eager for you to join us!
We are looking for mission-driven Spanish educators to join our high school teams! You are a patient optimist - you understand that building trusting relationships is foundational to teaching practice. You have high expectations for students, believing wholeheartedly that every student has the potential to thrive in college.
This role reports to the school principal.
- Champion students and families: You believe that every student has extraordinary potential and that their proficiency and growth should be celebrated. You look forward to building links with students and their families, serving as a mentor, and hosting office hours at least twice a week to inspire and support student learning. Daily, weekly, and long-term lesson plans are crucial to you to assist students in mastering their academic standards.
- Collaborate with specialists and principals: You enjoy professional development and plan to commit to integrating coaching feedback into your lessons. You have experience communicating effectively and respectfully and believe that people can grow through dedication and hard work. You’re able to collaborate with ACE Learning Specialists to support a full-inclusion model of Special Education.
Education & Experience
- You hold a bachelor’s degree.
- You have a valid California State Teaching Credential or equivalent and transferable teaching license from another state. We will accept intern credentials.
- We are prepared to consider qualified candidates with the intent to enroll in an intern credential program.
- You have teaching experience in San Jose or a community with similar demographics.
- You are a mission-driven individual who has experience working with diverse student populations, including English language learners and students with disabilities.
- Your ability to speak in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary according to the ACE Salary Scale;
- 1-1 Coaching and 1 half-day of Professional Development weekly
- Network-wide “Data-Dives” quarterly
- This position includes full health benefits and CALSTRS retirement plan.
- We are located in San Jose, minutes away from the CalTrain, a diverse and eclectic food scene, the beaches of Santa Cruz, museums and the stadium of our very own San Jose Sharks.
To perform essential functions for the role, you should be able to:
- Talk, hear and communicate with both adults and children
- Use hands or fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls
- Walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds and climb ladders
- In terms of vision, have close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus