ABOUT THIS POSITION
As the Portfolio Leader for one of our vertical teams, you will lead product management efforts across all aspects of the product life cycle. Our portfolios include multiple brands, several cross functional teams, and a lot of fast paced delivery. You will manage a team of product managers, product owners, technical product owners, and program managers and will have dotted line relationships across Design, Engineering, Customer Experience (CX), Regulatory, Learning Experience (LX), Marketing, and others across the business.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will be accountable for a clear and comprehensive portfolio strategy which must be created collaboratively and quickly upon your start. Additionally, you will be focused on assessing our detailed product backlogs, technology choices, innovation, project timelines, customer experience, site traffic, and revenue improvements while also decreasing overall friction across the entire purchase experience.
Your team will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, performing research and discovery necessary to develop solutions, and then seeing that these solutions are effectively productized, evolved, and maintained in order to achieve our sales, profit, customer satisfaction, and lifetime value goals.
You must quickly become an expert at managing and evangelizing the product roadmap, marshaling the organization to successfully execute on it, and working hand-in-hand with key stakeholders to ensure short, mid, and long term strategic alignment as well as our ability to hit key results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of product owners and/or managers to ensure successful roadmap development and execution
- Lead a cross functional core team which collectively will help to run, manage, and launch updates and capabilities across the entire portfolio and vertical that you are responsible for
- Perform necessary user research, ideate, collaborate on the development of, and evangelize portfolio strategy including the incremental documentation of the strategy as well as corresponding roadmaps
- Create and update 12 month roadmaps (monthly) while also driving focused quarterly planning via a groomed backlog of initiatives
- Ensure team commitments are met and a delightful end-to-end customer experience is created
- Coordinate with Marketing and Design on market, competitive, and customer research
- Collaborate with stakeholders to construct and articulate business cases (including monetization) for products/features/services which help the business determine priority while also placing bets on key results anticipated
- Work with all marketing teams to define go-to-market and launch plans which include paid/SEO/nurture and other areas
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to understand the business dynamics and inform, deliver, and execute the Product roadmap while meeting P&L objectives and key results.
- Measure and report on key business, user, and product health metrics related to key initiatives (e.g. What did we do? What did we learn about business and user impact? How does it inform what’s next?)
- Manage the agile development processes to ensure appropriate prioritization and timely delivery of roadmap items and day to day requirements from stakeholders
- Negotiate or help with business development activities with strategic partnerships
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of product management or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of people management experience within product management or similar profession and the ability to confidently identify, mentor, motivate, and grow talent
- Experience successfully crafting and executing product strategies based on customer, business, and internal stakeholder needs, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams through the product development lifecycle
- Experience managing numerous projects at once in accordance with operational and budgetary plans and priorities
- Superb analytical skills; adept at identifying and applying data to make smart decisions
- Ability to inspire team members, communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, and distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Experience with Real Estate software
- Mobile product development experience
- Website and high traffic eCommerce
- CRM and LMS
- An understanding of EdTech
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT AND EXPERIENCE TEAM
The Aceable Product Management and Experience Team lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, and is obsessed with our users and asking why. We are currently co-matrixed and broken out into three core areas of responsibility: Verticals (ex: Driving, Real Estate, Healthcare), Product Experience Platform, and eCommerce Platform.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Salary Range for this position is $150,000 to $170,000 a year