ABOUT THIS POSITION
This role will put you at the center of Product Design at Aceable. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, and comfortable collaborating with stakeholders throughout our business. In this role, you will lead and manage research projects to identify customer needs and develop insights for product development. You are a strong and empathetic listener, an excellent communicator, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about understanding people and their use of products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct interviews with students and industry experts to understand opportunities to improve our products.
- Create prototypes and conduct usability tests to validate new features designed by our product design team.
- Create user personas, journey maps, and other design artifacts based on your learnings.
- Work with Product Managers and the Learning Experience team to influence our product roadmap
- Build positive relationships with your design team as well as stakeholders throughout the business
- Obsess over our students, love asking why, and nerd out on all things product and design
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4+ years of UX-focused product design experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research, and methodologies to choose the best method for the job.
- Experience using Figma/sketch as a wireframing and UI design tool
- Experience creating common user research outputs such as Personas, User Journeys, and Empathy Maps.
- A current portfolio
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT AND DESIGN TEAM
The Aceable Product Management and Design Team lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, and is obsessed with our users and asking why. We are currently co-matrixed and broken out into three core areas of responsibility: Verticals (ex: Driving, Real Estate, Healthcare), Product Experience Platform, and eCommerce Platform.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Aceable is able to hire in the following states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, Texas, Utah, and Washington
Colorado Residents: the salary range for this role is $97,000- $107,000 annually.