ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our product strategy, lifetime value initiatives, and execution of the product roadmap across current and future industry verticals that Aceable plays in (Drivers Ed, Defensive Driving, Real Estate, etc.).
The person in this role will be successful if they are able to directly contribute, manage, and collaborate with a team that accomplishes the following:
- Grow our Real Estate vertical 50% year over year with a focus on increasing word-of-mouth growth
- Extend the relationship with our students by developing new products, services, and offerings that doubles the overall retention and lifetime value (LTV) of our customers
- Increase Driving profits and help define a long term strategy that aligns with our overall company vision
- Be a critical contributor to a cohesive multi-vertical strategy and roadmap that puts students first
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT TEAM
You are joining a Product Management and Design Team that lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, obsesses about our users and asking why, loves to nerd out on all things product, and enjoys a good bowl of ramen. The product management team is currently broken out into three core areas of responsibility: Driving, Real Estate, and our Student Experience platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with the VP of Product and Chief Product Officer to develop Aceable’s product strategy and roadmap through planning, prioritizing, managing requirements, and refining to meet the needs of our business and our students
- Work with and mentor the product managers under you as leaders of their respective product lines, and ensure effective partnership with Product Marketing Managers, Business Development, and other key stakeholders to develop and lead successful go-to-market strategies
- Build, mentor, and motivate a team of product managers capable of delivering product objectives on time and on budget
- Be an active player/coach in guiding our Real Estate product strategy and roadmap, specifically
- Execute on the product roadmap and develop the lifetime value initiatives needed to grow those verticals
- Collaborate cross functionally across all levels of the company to drive the best possible experience for our students
- Champion the case for proposed innovations, including cost/benefit estimates, competitive analysis, risk analysis, best practices, and product development timelines
- Work with senior leadership to develop and maintain vertical industry strategies that ensure that Aceable achieves its quarterly, annual, and 3 year vision objectives, champion these across the company, and be able to represent them and their status with the company’s Board
- Fully understand our students’ needs and motivations and use this understanding to guide our overall vertical product strategy
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of experience in product management, product development, and/or related fields in the context of software and technology development
- 4+ years of experience successfully managing, mentoring, and growing a team of product managers
- Strong team-player with a proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to translate complex business issues into clear, measurable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proven experience managing the product lifecycle process with an established record of driving market adoption
- Effective and creative problem solver
- Experience in mobile software
- EdTech experience
- B2C experience
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.