AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Director of Product to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
AccuWeather is seeking a Director of Product to join the leadership team responsible for the global product strategy of AccuWeather’s consumer & enterprise businesses. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this position is joining an expanding team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development.
The Product Director is a leader charged to strategically deliver the next evolution in AccuWeather’s product portfolio, while also carefully managing existing lines of business. The successful applicant needs to have demonstrated an artful balance of championing the product development of highly successful digital media businesses while concurrently innovating new offerings within growing and competitive markets. With an eye for design, a finger on-the-pulse of the latest technologies and a passion for building intuitive experiences that simplify complex datasets, the Director of Product has the opportunity to build an ecosystem of experiences that have a real impact on lives and property.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for mentoring and inspiring a team of product managers, as well as collaborating with stakeholders across the company including Product Director peers, as well as technology, design, marketing, and sales. To be successful, you must have exceptional communication and a desire to be collaborative and consensus building.
If you have a passion for science, technology, and leveraging big data, as well as an outstanding track record, this is the role for you. The position is based in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania. Travel will be required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Define, articulate and champion a vision for AccuWeather’s product portfolio and evangelize to peers and executives
- Define crystal clear, measurable and realistic KPIs for short and long-term results; drive the team to achieve them
- Own the product roadmap for the AccuWeather portfolio and drive prioritization decisions by collaborating with peers and determining highest ROI projects and initiatives
- Clearly articulate the features required to fulfil the company vision; from enhancements to core components such as mapping or ad products through to ideation involving cutting-edge services that leverage AI and connected ecosystems
- Develop clear strategies to improve the engagement of users leading to increased visitation, higher satisfaction and deeper engagement with content offerings
- Identify opportunities that increase revenue generation through advertising, subscription and partnerships
- Rigorously develop business cases for opportunities presented and relentlessly prioritize based upon this analysis
- Maintain exceptional relationships with key business stakeholders through communication, collaboration and evangelism
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer behaviors, the competitive landscape and technology trends to inform the strategies adopted by AccuWeather
- Attract and mentor exceptional talent; be well connected with the start-up tech community
Who You Are
- Strong leader. Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator
- Consensus builder whose executive presence achieves alignment amongst senior stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial nature. Nimble. Ability to react quickly within a dynamic environment.
- Be curious and globally oriented. A digital native. Social
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years' experience in product management & strategy; equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience; ideally in-house for a recognizable innovative brand
- Experience working within the Scrum framework and familiarity with cutting edge product management tools
- Experience with emerging technologies and connected devices is a must
- Proven ability to translate complex datasets into intuitive product experiences
- Successful development of subscription products will be viewed upon very favorably
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with teams of all levels and backgrounds problems.
- Must be able to ruthlessly prioritize a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals and implications
- Comfortable making independent decisions and thinking through all product ramifications
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment
- Travel between New York City, NY and State College, Pennsylvania required