AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Weather News Videographer to join our team!
Who You Are
The Weather News Videographer will produce innovative, unique stories. Those stories will frequently be reported from locations where severe weather is occurring, live in the field, for all AccuWeather properties, including the AccuWeather Television Network.
What You Will Be Doing
- Generate news video based on the weather.
- Demonstrate teamwork by working cooperatively with reporters, producers and other team members.
- Ability to work (when required) as a multimedia journalist, using video cameras and video editing equipment independently.
- Travel to the location of weather news stories.
- Produce live and recorded videos on breaking weather news stories
- Technical knowledge of video camera and editing systems
- Understanding of video delivery systems for live and recorded video.
- Write scripts, prepare and present news reports under deadline pressure when necessary.
- Exercise strong editorial judgment and adhere to company’s standards and practices
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- BA or BS from accredited university in video, film or journalism preferred
- Minimum of 4 years as a field videographer/producer
- Extensive live field experience
- Ability to work within a team
- Advanced ability to shoot and edit video
- Understanding of basic meteorology
- Basic Windows and MAC operating systems usage is required
AccuWeather is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.