AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video. We broadcast to, and engage with, millions of fans and followers on Social Media. AccuWeather is looking for a Social Media Fall Intern to join our team! This position will work on-site out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
- Social Media never stops, and neither do you.
- You enjoy posting to and engaging on multiple Social Networks.
- You are enthusiastic about technology and Social Media.
- You are a creative thinker who is constantly thinking outside the box.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Posting breaking weather news, videos, daily posts, and marketing releases and campaigns to millions of AccuWeather fans & followers, customizing posts for each Social Network.
- Coordinating multiple sources, feeds and personnel contributing to our Social channels.
- Monitoring all Social Networks for testimonials, questions, comments, abuse, complaints and user-generated content.
- Engaging with those users and interacting with appropriate internal departments for resolution.
- Creating trends reports from various trending tools across a multitude of Social Networks to improve dissemination of AccuWeather content
- Analyzing data about AccuWeather and its competitors from a variety of internal and external Social Media Analytics tools
- Approving, categorizing and promoting incoming UGC (User-Generated Content)
- Ensuring accuracy/timeliness of changing weather information and content licensing in AccuWeather’s content in internal and external Social Networks
- Researching changes to new and existing Social Networks via industry blogs and news and online webinars.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Must have knowledge and experience using Facebook, Twitter, and other Social Networks and emerging social platforms. Social analytics tools knowledge is helpful.
- Experience in Social Media for clients/corporations through internships and work experience is very helpful.
- Pursuing a 4-year Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing or a related field that requires experience in writing.
- Meteorological experience is very helpful.
- Basic image editing knowledge helpful.
- Must have strong English writing skills.
- Must be able to develop an understanding of basic scientific and meteorological concepts, in order to explain them to our audience
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and work well under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- This internship requires that you apply for college credit for the position.
- Must be willing to work on-site at AccuWeather HQ in State College, PA, in order to be able to interact with AccuWeather news writers and multimedia journalists.
Skills We Are Looking For
- A team player. You have the ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with your direct teammates as well as co-workers throughout AccuWeather.
- Communication. You have the ability to exchange information, both verbal and non-verbal, to anyone. You have solid speaking and writing skills. Your communication style ensures that all the organizational goals are achieved.
- Passion. You have a strong excitement and love for social media. You pride yourself on being efficient at your job.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.