The Client Systems Specialist provides technical support and training for internal customers and over 200 TV customers on a 24/7 basis. This position will be rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, with some on-call hours.
- Monitor client call tickets to ensure that all client issues are handled promptly and efficiently based upon department guidelines.
- Communicate with Sales department so that they are kept up to date of any ongoing client issues.
- Communicate with management and developers so that they are notified of any software issues, enhancements, or client requests.
- Provide guidance, direction and mentor-ship to new members of the staff.
- Lead internal training sessions to educate, sales, support and new staff members.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve technical issues.
- Research, troubleshoot, and diagnose hardware and software to identify, document, and resolve errors.
- Ability to quickly learn all aspects and interfaces of several proprietary software applications, e.g. customer facing GUI, debugging tools, file operations and structure.
- Analyze customer data to determine solutions and provide potential workarounds.
- Utilize debugging applications, simulations, and scripts to isolate and fix problems.
- Provide system installation assistance to customers and team members.
- Work directly with customers to provide all levels of support leading to problem resolution.
- Perform quality assurance testing of applications and application updates.
- Provide proactive communication internally and externally to ensure the highest levels of customer service are maintained.
- Able to be on-call 24/7 to handle any client calls while on pager duty.
- Be certified on all AccuWeather graphics systems to be able to provide support to our customer base.
- Have a basic understanding of AccuWeather data sets and types to be able to support Meteorologists.
- Provide World Class Support to a growing product line of over 200 external customers.
- Monitor our TV Customers using our support tools to ensure we are providing proactive support for our client base.
- Carry TV pager as assigned on off hours to ensure we are providing 24/7 support on evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years PC computer employment experience required, though consideration provided to individuals with extensive education and/or training
- PC hardware diagnostic experience preferred
- Programming experience at any level preferred
- Advanced user abilities in all Microsoft Windows environments from XP to current
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, procedural and policy manuals, email messages required
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, both in written and oral presentations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measurements including whole numbers, fractions and decimals required
- Ability to draw and read graphs and charts required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions required
- Ability to prioritize and resolve problems with concrete variables in standardized situations needed
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer