AccuWeather currently serves over 240 of Fortune 500 companies, as well as thousands of businesses worldwide. The Customer Service department if the first line of communication for all of our customer and client needs. Running on Microsoft technology, AccuWeather is the world’s largest source of weather forecasts and warnings, reaching over 1.5 billion worldwide. We’ve saved tens of thousands of lives and tens of billions of dollars in property damage for our clients. AccuWeather has over 50 years of leadership and accomplishments; all of which begins with our tireless dedication to our customers, clients and partnership. Our Customer Service Department operates 24/7 to make sure all of our consumer needs are met.
- The Customer Service Specialist embraces the corporate vision and philosophy by providing quality service support that is personalized, meeting the specific needs of each and every client with courtesy, accuracy, timeliness, effort and enthusiasm.
- You are flexible with varying shifts, some of which may be overnight.
- AccuWeather’s customer service staff supports the entire product portfolio and is overwhelmingly committed to ensuring client problems are handled with sincerity.
What You Will be Doing
- Provide first line of support to assist in answering informational, limited technical and basic account questions until resolution.
- Answer, assist directly, and/or route calls and emails to the appropriate area for assistance.
- Document, through our ticket and email systems, customer concerns to ensure accountability, updates, resolution and history.
- Proactively conduct customer surveys via email after resolution of the issue to obtain feedback.
- Call and/or fax specific clients with severe weather information.
- Fill out reporter requests, alerting the floor manager.
- Internal support ticket creation.
- Cancellation of email alerts and wireless First Warn alerts.
- Back up for all incoming calls from: Sales, Reception, TV Systems, Data Acquisition and Weather Data, KS.
- Disseminate temporary Newspaper Change Requests.
- Provide initial troubleshooting for smartphone users using our applications
Experience We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Six-months to one year experience in customer service field is required.
- Knowledge of CRM system is preferred
- Experience using, or working with, smartphones and tablets preferred (Andriod / iOS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Professional and pleasant phone etiquette, with ability to listen actively and communicate effectively is required
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations or dealing with difficult customers
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Service Specialistat AccuWeather (View all jobs)
Headquarters - State College, PA