AccuWeather's Web API serves over 17 billion data requests per day to clients and end users all over the globe. We are looking for a Senior Web Server Administrator to join our growing team. You will be working closely with Development and Quality Assurance teams to provide Technical Support for the growth, technological evolution, and maintenance of all AccuWeather Web servers, their software and related technologies along with Tier 3 user support.
Who You Are
- You immerse yourself in all aspects of networking and server management.
- You are looking for an opportunity that will test your skills, and help you grow and learn in the ever changing world of technology.
- You are ready to face and spearhead operational support issues.
- You welcome and accept challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintain and troubleshoot MS Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 in a large scale server environment.
- Assist with configuration and administration of IIS, DNS, SQL Server 2012/2016, WSUS, F5 BIG-IP Load balancing and Active Directory.
- Provide support for Microsoft Azure and Amazon Cloud services.
- Provide Tier 3 Customer/User Technical Support.
- Coordinates resolution of identified system problems and works with Technical Support team, vendors and development team to resolve.
- Proactively identifies and spearheads resolution to operational support issues and works closely with Development and QA to ensure end-to-end quality.
- Assists with the implementation of new technologies in coordination with other staff members.
- Works closely with Network Engineer and other members of the Web Server Administrator team to resolve technical support issues within the production environment.
- Work with Technical writers to develop system diagrams and documentation in order to help with troubleshooting efforts.
Experience We Are Looking For
- 2+ years’ equivalent experience.
- A strong background of TCP/IP.
- Working experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Cloud Services.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with various operating systems including MS Windows Server 2012 R2/2016.
- Strong skills in file serving, backup fundamentals, and best-practices.
- Experience with MongoDB (including Sharing, Scaling, Indexing, Analysis, MMS), memcached and Redis.
- Basic programming knowledge and debugging ability.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Working knowledge of RedHat Linux/UNIX.
- Familiarity with JIRA issue tracking system a plus.
- Working experience with Big Data: ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) and Hadoop.
Skills We Are Looking For
- Sense of urgency. You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- A team player. You have the ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with your direct teammates as well as co-workers throughout AccuWeather.
- Passion. You have a strong excitement and love for technology. You pride yourself on being efficient at your job.
- Rapid learner. You thrive on applying your knowledge and learning new technologies. You think outside the box because you don’t believe in the “one-size-fits-all” solution. You easily adapt to the ever changing, fast pace environment around you.
AccuWeather is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.