AccuWeather recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries, and saved tens of billions of dollars in property damage.
Today, AccuWeather is the most recognized and most used source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, known to billions, and is proven and verified to be the most accurate. Digitally, AccuWeather is the #1 weather destination in the world and one of the top destination sites that exist globally.
AccuWeather forecasts appear on digital signage, in 700 newspapers, are heard on over 400 radio stations and viewed on 100 television stations. The AccuWeather Network reaches 35 million households, and its AccuWeather NOW streaming services is available to more than 200 million active users on many platforms, including Roku, Xumo, Red Box, LG, Amazon, and Freevee.
AccuWeather For Business serves more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of other businesses and government agencies globally who pay for the most accurate weather forecasts from any source. AccuWeather’s story is one of a fanatical dedication to Superior Accuracy™, detail, creativity, innovation. Entrepreneurship, service, and the loyalty and commitment of hundreds of people who have joined AccuWeather’s center of excellence, including many who have dedicated their entire careers to AccuWeather.
Dr. Joel Myers, Founder and Executive Chairman, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and has been recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entertainment.
AccuWeather has an exciting opportunity for a meteorologist to join our radio broadcasting team. Serving some of the hundreds of radio stations and digital media partners, the Radio Broadcast Meteorologist will collaborate with operational meteorologists to generate and produce weather forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Listeners rely on AccuWeather’s Superior Accuracy™, and the specialized, localized and impact-driven reports you will provide are crucial to help the public plan their lives and prepare for any life-threatening weather events.
The Radio Broadcast Meteorologist will work at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania or could potentially be a remote opportunity for the right candidate.
- Broadcast weather forecasts, both recorded and live reports, for the hundreds of AccuWeather radio and digital media partners
- Create different versions of the forecasts, using “ad lib” techniques
- Edit forecasts “on the fly” to ensure proper information, keeping with the needs of clients
- Use good organizational skills to keep schedules up to date for delivery of forecasts to each client, according to pre-determined schedules
- Produce social media services (i.e. posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) for radio station’s social media sites
- Host/participate in the recording of podcasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS. Degree in Atmospheric Sciences or Meteorology
- At least two years of experience with broadcasting the weather on radio or television.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in the AP Broadcast style
- Ability to prioritize job tasks in a coherent and logical manner
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and utilize the complete array of available weather data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in team environments
- Must be available to work overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays as required
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.