AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is looking for an entry level Data Developer Intern to analyze external locations datasets, specifically for various Advertising Marketplaces and link them back to our core Locations Database. This person will have some experience with geospatial data, basic GIS processing and DBMS, enabling them to take tasks defined by management and create high quality data products to support our Ad Platform Data System initiative. The would be an excellent role for an individual excited to work with global datasets.
- Evaluates and prepares various datasets to understand complexities prior to development and integration
- Perform spatial analysis on global datasets to identify and report findings to leadership, other team members.
- Understand and execute GIS mapping strategies provided by team members.
- Complete documentation on technical workflows, update existing project documents.
- Work closely with other members of the Data Operations team.
- Communicate with remote team members via Slack, Zoom
- Basic understanding of geographic data and how to process within DB and/or GIS systems.
- 0-2 years of experience of using technology to solve spatial data problems.
- Must be a team player and have an eagerness to learn and develop under more experienced team members.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Ability to understand the determined scope given for a task and operate within the bounds given to complete the task
- Self-driven; strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Verbal and written communication skills
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.