Position: Vice President of Revenue Operations
Location: NYC or close proximity to NYC
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
The Vice President of Revenue Operations will report directly to the CRO and be responsible for all revenue-generating processes. This role will own and build company revenue growth and marketplace related KPIs. Both metrics will be driven by the individual’s ability to shape teams, create processes and produce frameworks that align the customer’s experience with the company’s revenue goals.
- Co-shaping and operationalizing our go-to-market (GTM) strategy. Designing an end-to-end customer strategy, organizing different AccuWeather functions around it to maximize conversions, profitability, and the customer experience.
- Building end-to-end processes that are easy and user friendly for maximum adoption. Ensuring full execution of existing processes.
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience leadership to identify process optimization opportunities and collaborate to implement and support training and change management efforts required to roll-out new initiatives
- Automating processes through tools, like proposals creation, to make the sales team more efficient whilst maintaining quality.
- Work in partnership with peers across departments to define, design and deliver on change management, quarterly OKRs and strategies to achieve agreed-upon business goals.
- Capturing best practices and changes in playbooks for the revenue functions to follow.
- Aligning and connecting different data sources – SFDC, HubSpot, Google Analytics systems, etc.
- Developing strategies to maximize our profitability – talent pool utilization, pricing, bench, commercials.
- Redesigning segmentation to accommodate, among others, customer and project needs, value and types of services sought, talent match.
- Iterating on Value Based Proposals for maximum conversion in New Business sales.
- Perform detailed investigations to reveal insights into root causes, areas of most impact, priorities of focus, and recommend paths forward.
- Develop reports and dashboards to help answer key business questions and guide leadership on next steps.
- Drive results through others, manage team performance and hold the team accountable against business metrics.
- Direct sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Set sales goals and guide subsequent goal-setting processes.
- Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Improving revenue predictions and billable headcount needs.
- Obtain, allocate and adjust operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Experience in building a new function with data and process automation.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in a fast-paced role; preferably in Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, Consulting, Sales Strategy, or a similar role within a technology environment.
- Deep understanding of how the sales process works, especially the modern sales organization tech tools and the ability to implement those that will lead us to the best ROI on our sales operations.
- Experience in setting up CPQ Process from the ground, up; strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and HubSpot a plus.
- Strong experience with and comfort analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to derive specific, focused insights.
- You have experience of improving business processes and understand how to make them suitable for scale.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to present data in a clear and engaging manner to a large audience of senior stakeholders.
- Enjoy building relationships and working with go-to-market teams focused on revenue growth and customer experience.
- Proven ability to self-manage and thrive in situations where you can think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest big picture solutions
- Proven track record of success with a history of achieving customer retention and expansion sales goals.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability, while also able to collaborate cross-functionally with exceptional intrapersonal skills
- Comfortable in LinkedIn Sales navigator, google sheets, and data analytics tools to support the revenue function.
- Motivation to hold teams accountable for CRM data quality standards, i.e. up-to-date assignment end dates and assignments statuses at different stages of the talent pipeline.
Added Bonus Capabilities:
- Experience in business, operational leadership roles in a global SaaS Sales environment a plus.
- Understanding of key SaaS customer success concepts/metrics and how they work in practice (ex: net revenue retention, customer health scoring, sources of churn risk) a plus.
Salary Range: AccuWeather offers a competitive salary commensurate to experience in the range of 185k-200k base + bonus
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience, and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.