AccuWeather is an industry leading global digital media company, and is recognized as the world's largest source of weather forecasts and warnings, reaching nearly 2 billion worldwide every day. Through various digital media platforms, AccuWeather has saved tens of thousands of lives, protected property and helped people prosper for over 50 years. Our unique global multi-platform capabilities and expansive research allow us to serve over 240 of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as thousands of business world-wide. Our talented staff is made up of industry recognized experts with an entrepreneurial spirit and always at the forefront of new technologies and products. We are looking for an Director of Advertising Sales for our Advertising Sales Department.
AccuWeather is seeking an experienced Advertising Sales Executive based in NYC area to help build and sell advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
This role will manage Holding Company agency relationships with a focus on the C-Suite, Agency Investment Leads, Brand Teams, Buying Teams, Programmatic Buying Arms and Data Analytics & Strategy Teams. In partnership with upper management, this role will develop a strategy specific to assigned holding companies, while driving AccuWeather’s data, measurement, media, and analytics revenue. This position requires extensive knowledge of the changing agency & media landscape, the drive to develop industry-transforming strategies and the ability to build relationships with senior agency management. The ideal candidate has media agency planning experience, a deep knowledge of measurement & analytics used to evaluate performance, and a proven ability to influence multiple levels of an organization.
Who You Are
- You are a creative thinker who is constantly thinking outside the box.
- You are a team player
- You are driven and have a track record of success in sales.
- You excel at working under the pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Build AccuWeather’s annual and quarterly Strategic Plan for assigned agencies, including analysis of Agency revenue
- Oversee bottom-up quota setting across markets and ensure functional ‘voice of the agency’ input is comprehended prior to final AOP
- Build and elevate relationships at the highest levels within the assigned agencies, C-Suite, Senior Agency Influencers to continuously uncover strategic opportunities to drive AccuWeather revenue on a global, regional, and local level
- Identify and lead the development of joint business projects and/or beta opportunities with assigned agencies
- Serve as internal voice of the agency customer to help shape product and marketing roadmaps
- Agency account management including, but not limited to: maintaining contact lists, establishing meeting cadence with (internal and external) key stakeholders, seeking out new relationships/contacts, developing quarterly business reviews, organizing and coordinating agency education initiatives (cross discipline agency days and/or training sessions), fulfilling ad hoc agency request and breaking down obstacles
- Contribute to AccuWeather’s tentpole senior-level engagements and activations (i.e CES, Cannes) with assigned agencies
- Partner with Global Accounts and National sales teams to contribute to and uncover category and client-level opportunities globally and regionally at both the Agency and Brand level
- Collaborate with a number of internal specialists (i.e. data, platform, measurement, media, analytics) as needed to meet revenue requirements and to continuously identify relevant opportunities for your agencies
- Strong Internal communication (written and verbal), ensuring Sales, Sales/Revenue Operations, Marketing, Product and other department leaders are well informed
- Develop and negotiate trading agreements at an agency holding company level
- Be a trusted thought leader to both external stakeholders and investment teams by leading consistent agency education initiatives and events
- Operate at the ‘tip of the spear’, immersing in industry shifts (in-housing, rise of independent agencies and consultancies etc) and competitive offerings, to bring an ‘outside-in’ perspective, framing new sales initiatives and recommendations
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the industry; act as an ambassador and spokesperson for AccuWeather in the agency community.
- Develop network of strong relationships with key search and media industry influencers, customers and partners.
- Identify, grow and retain the best and brightest talent, while fostering an open, diverse and inclusive culture
- BA/BS degree required
- 3+ years digital ad sales experience a focus on media, lower-funnel conversion strategies, data and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a particular industry and/or product set.
- Comfortable with presenting to clients and agencies—in both small or large groups
- Familiarity with agency holding companies and strong relationships across the agency landscape
- Ability to partner within cross-functional teams
- Ability to consult and bring ideas to the table
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration with resources across teams
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is action oriented
- Can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts
- Is flexible and can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity
- Is driven and solution-oriented and can overcome obstacles to drive projects through completion
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Strong belief in AccuWeather's vision and goals
- Demonstrated Marketing Automation and Programmatic Advertising expertise
- Exhibits a high level of competency in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in building relationships with senior agency decision makers.
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience, and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.