Who We Need & What You’ll Do
AccuWeather takes pride in promoting from within and helping our team members achieve career advancement goals, and the Learning & Development Specialist will lead this important initiative. You will be responsible for training and development programs for all team members. With support and guidance from the Director of Human Resources whom you will be reporting to, you will have the opportunity to create, develop, implement and conduct these programs. It will be critical that you constantly engage with team members to help them envision career growth opportunities at AccuWeather, so travel to all offices can be expected.
Remote candidates are being considered for this mid-level opportunity.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and customer representatives.
- Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees and customers.
- Develops unique training programs to fulfill workers’ specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Assesses training materials prepared by instructors.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Prepares and implements training budget, along with maintaining records and reports of expenses.
- Supports the human resources team in project management and other company HR initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Training and Development or a related field
- At least 5 years of training experience required
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certified
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly demonstrated presentation skills
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software
- Must be willing to travel to all AccuWeather offices about 25 percent of the time.
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY.
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.