Who We Need & What You’ll Do
The world’s largest and fastest-growing weather company is seeking an enthusiastic, high-energy marketing professional to join a high-performance team to support its rapidly growing enterprise line of business. We have an immediate opening for a Manager of Lead Generation for the AccuWeather For Business (AFB) team.
The Manager of Lead Generation will work to build and gain executive approval for a comprehensive marketing plan, including innovative, out-of-the-box, multi-platform marketing campaigns. You will work collaboratively with the Senior Director of AFB Marketing, AFB executive leadership, senior product managers and internal stakeholders (SMEs, social media, PR, etc.). You will also work with all marketing functions to participate in the execution of lead generation, sales enablement, product marketing, client nurturing, and brand awareness required to carry out the marketing plan and ultimately drive revenue.
The Manager of Lead Generation for the AFB team can work at either of AccuWeather’s offices in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania. Remote candidates are also being considered for this mid-level opportunity.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
Lead Generation & Product Marketing
- Support Director of AFB Marketing in the creation and execution of a marketing plan and budget, performing assigned tasks that align with the marketing plan
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of effective inbound and outbound marketing strategies to educate businesses and position AFB as the primary thought leader in the B2B weather market
- Assist in planning and creation of content for various mediums, including – but not limited to – development of the AFB blog, email marketing, webinars, social media content, digital advertising, articles, infographics, and eBooks to meet business objectives
- Lead AFB webinar strategy: Manage vendor relationship, establish editorial calendar, develop assets, execute promotion, and analyze performance
- Support Digital Engagement Manager with email marketing and marketing automation efforts in HubSpot, including the development of copy for weather-triggered and nurture campaigns, lead scoring, and CRM integration
- Attend bi-weekly public relations meetings to relay AFB priorities and assist in execution
- Working with the marketing/communications team, help to refine the AFB story and messaging to present value proposition and products in a way that resonates with targeted buyers, brings value and states how we solve buyer problems
- Support Digital Engagement Manager in defining KPIs and continually track campaign performance to prove what’s working and what isn’t. Use data to evaluate and recommend improvements to all stakeholders
- Collaborate with creative team to develop finished collateral in assigned areas. Own the timely creation, approval, production, and delivery of assigned materials
- As needed, lead brand awareness opportunities to showcase AFB as a preferred partner
- Collaborate with product team to plan, execute, and communicate the launches of new products and releases/changes of existing products, including the development of product briefs
- Develop the personal product knowledge required to build, launch, and help maintain innovative marketing campaigns through multiple channels, including – but not limited to – business.accuweather.com, digital advertising, email campaigns, webinars, and social media
- Working closely with Sales and other Marketing team members, plan, help to create, distribute and maintain tools (one-sheets, presentations, demos, visual aids, letters, RFPs, proposals, etc.) as needed to support sales opportunities
- Attend virtual and in-person prospect and client meetings as requested to understand needs and assist in development and refinement of messaging for different verticals
- Work with trade show personnel as required to ensure that literature, signage, pre-show publicity, sponsorships, presentations, etc. meet the goals established for each show. May attend some shows, and support upwards of 6 per year.
- Upon request, work with market research team to lead AFB research initiatives:
- Understand and monitor AFB’s competitor offerings and industry innovations and trends
- Lead efforts to develop B2B personas and recommend how to integrate them into everyday tasks
- Ensure the development, completion and launch of NPS and customer surveys
- Work with vendors, including third party lead generation vendors, as necessary to align various campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Previous marketing automation or CRM experience, specifically HubSpot, Microsoft Dynamics, WordPress and/or Google Analytics
- Technology –
- Productivity applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Slack, Asana
- Webinar: ON24, Zoom
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- Data: ZoomInfo, PowerAlmanac, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written with demonstrated ability proven through an excellent portfolio of previous persuasive writing.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Ability to process metrics into actionable analytics for the purpose of strategy and proving ROI
- Excellent reasoning: Able to develop detailed action plans from general written or oral instructions
- Outstanding problem-solving skills: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusion
- Demonstrated to be highly organized, detail-oriented and multi-task quickly and thoroughly in a fast-paced environment
- Previous outbound and inbound marketing experience in high technology B2B products required
- Remote candidates in Canada and the United States are being considered for this opportunity
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY.
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.