Who We Need & What You’ll Do
Are you an experienced and knowledgeable Enterprise Security Architect, who is at ease in identifying holistic business security requirements? AccuWeather has a great opportunity for you to join our team and focus on the network and business security requirements across all areas of our global company.
The role calls for a hands-on capability coupled with knowledge and expertise to support best practice methods in solution building. The planning, implementing, and testing of designs and solution integration will highlight the need for the required standards and policies that are a must for managing and associated security risks.
Remote candidates are being considered for this mid-level opportunity.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Responsible for network and computer security across the business.
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
- Understand architecture in relation to various platforms. Able to identify integration issues. This knowledge should include experience in preparing and or support cost evaluations.
- Must be able to design system security using network and security technologies. This must consist of the security requirements for local area networks (LANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
- Implementation of security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to security, policy, processes, and standards.
- Responsible for system security upgrades by continuous monitoring of the security environment and application of enhancements where necessary.
- Oversee or perform the required vulnerability scans that can identify the vulnerability and or development weaknesses within the software environment.
- Ensure that there is appropriate documentation supporting data elements, data flow, and databases, including where relevant the required data storage requirements.
- Responsible for Cloud security with an understanding of cloud offerings (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Responsible for collaborative working for areas such as Identity and Access Management (IAM) as well as Multifactor Authentication (MFA) implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in IT, including business process design.
- Understanding of multi-Cloud Security, including understanding of Cloud-native versus Cloud agnostic security offerings and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and integration technologies.
- Experience in making decisions that relate to on-prem and cloud decisions for areas such as legacy migration and identity and access management.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Complete understanding of remediation logging, planning, and ongoing activities.
- Good understanding of common vulnerabilities.
- Experienced in architecture design and analysis.
- Possess excellent business analysis skills and experience, including the development of business vision.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Understanding and sound knowledge of automation tools and deployments.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and be able to consider diverse opinions.
- Proven ability to define architectural roadmaps and associated strategies.
- Remote candidates in Canada and the United States are being considered for this opportunity
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY.
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.