Who We Need & What You’ll Do
AccuWeather is seeking a C-Level Executive Assistant to support the CEO, Founder & Chairman and lead the Executive Administrative team. This role is responsible for executive calendar management for the CEO, Founder & Chairman, meeting preparation, and supervision of the Executive Assistant team.
We are looking for someone with prior experience directly supporting a CEO, owner of a company, or another executive who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. This person should be energetic and have a passion for supporting executives. The ideal candidate will also have high EQ as well as stellar executive presence. The C-Level Executive Assistant is expected to positively represent the CEO, Founder & Chairman and AccuWeather through in-person engagements, emails, texts, Zoom video conferences, and phone calls. Every contact is important to the CEO, Founder & Chairman, and you will be responsible for interacting with outside contacts as well as facilitating his interaction with the various executives whom he needs to deal with to ensure the success of AccuWeather.
This role is responsible for supervising the Executive Assistants (EAs) in the Office of the CEO, Founder & Chairman, working with the team on their schedules, delegation of duties and professional development. A growing company, such as AccuWeather, depends on the smooth and efficient operation of the CEO’s office, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the office and the activities of the CEO are done in the most efficient manner.
The C-Level Executive Assistant will work onsite at AccuWeather's Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania. Local travel to the CEO, Founder & Chairman’s residence to deliver office documents will be expected when needed to further assist his busy schedule.
Relocation assistance will be considered candidates willing to relocate.
Executive Calendar Management
- Manage the CEO, Founder & Chairman’s daily calendar, which is busy and complex, updating and adjusted both internal and external appointments as needed
- Handle competing priorities of the CEO, Founder & Chairman’s time, proactively anticipating and resolving potential scheduling conflicts to ensure nothing is missed
- Plan long-term calendar so CEO, Founder & Chairman’s travel schedule is as efficiently as possible
- Coordinate long-term schedule of major events, conferences, Board of Directors meetings, etc.
- Keep a record of pending meetings, meeting requests, and contact lists
- Utilize Zoom, conference room scheduling, and other online meeting platforms to ensure seamless functionality for all meeting participants, both virtual and in-person
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed
- Ensure CEO, Founder & Chairman is fully prepared for all meetings, trips, conferences, speeches, etc.
- Conduct research to help prepare the CEO, Founder & Chairman for trips, client/business meetings, and calls
- Work with the team to compile and provide preparation materials ahead of time; this may involve scheduling preparation calls ahead of high-level meetings or events
- Keep record of the CEO, Founder & Chairman’s contacts
- Prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents
- Manage follow-ups from trips/meetings: organize notes, research, and prepare correspondence
- Coordinate CEO recognition and appreciation of team members
EA Team Supervisor
- Manage the workflow and delegation of tasks for the EA team of the Office of the CEO, Founder & Chairman
- Create effective team schedules; EAs may be full-time, part-time, on-site, and/or remote
- Oversee work performance of their employees and identify areas that need improvement
- Coach team members on professional development
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train EA staff, as needed
The C-Level Executive Assistant will also be responsible for other duties, as assigned.
- Education level of a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of related experience required in working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives
- 2+ years of prior supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to type at least 65 WPM
- Ability to interact effectively and confidentially with internal team members, as well as external high-level executives
- Demonstrated use of discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters
- Represent the company and the CEO, Founder & Chairman in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment
- Demonstrated proactive approach and problem-solving experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Outstanding communication skills including ability to speak effectively with external visitors, executives, clients, and Board members
- Demonstrated ability to be persuasive and confident in making decisions/anticipating issues
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License since minimal local travel is expected
- Availability to respond to urgent needs outside of typical business hours
AccuWeather’s CEO, Founder & Chairman – Dr. Joel N. Myers
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of AccuWeather, has been recognized in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book as one of the greatest entrepreneurs in American history. He is a proven visionary leader, founding AccuWeather in 1962 and successfully establishing it as the largest and fastest-growing weather media company as well as a global leader in weather-related data, business, and predictive analytics.
Dr. Myers is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology” and the nation’s most respected authority on the business of meteorology, having been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times. He received the American Meteorological Society’s 2018 Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of Applied Meteorology and the National Weather Association’s 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award, in addition to numerous other accolades, and he has published papers in numerous leading scientific journals, including Scientific American and The Journal of Applied Meteorology as well as in the American Academy of Engineers, The Bridge. He has made hundreds of TV appearances, including on CNBC, FOX and FOX Business News. His comments and quotes have been included on the pages of TIME, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and thousands of other publications and he has appeared in a TEDx Talk.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.