AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businessines in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
As the GM of Enterprise Business Subscription Services, you will be responsible for building, managing, and developing AccuWeather’s subscription line of business, servicing the SMB market. The role will work closely with sales, marketing, and product to roll out new products and services, selling SaaS driven subscription products. These include consumer paid apps, APIs, alert emails, data, and maps and services for specific industries and needs. This role will be responsible for discovering new market sectors, growing the user base of customers, and managing annual revenue targets.
Remote candidates are being considered for this senior-level opportunity.
- Substantially accelerate growth of the subscription business – adding new products and expanding the existing base of products and customers
- Collaborate with product and BD and marketing to lead the growth of the subscription business and align revenue strategy with overall company objectives
- Develop and implement a new SaaS portal that acts as a landing page for all subscription products. Work with marketing to develop a targeted a customer acquisition strategy - prospecting/demand generation through paid media and AccuWeather’s O&O properties.
- Leverage CRM data to construct, forecast, and manage sales activities
- Drive growth to the subscription business into new sectors. Upsell existing customers into the larger enterprise business where possible
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in B2B/SaaS business experience
- Record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to develop new subscription products
- Experience with lead generation and outbound prospecting
- Passion, drive and the desire to be a part of a growing team that makes a difference for both the company and our clients
- Exceptional in-person, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial work environment where self-motivated individuals succeed
- Established relationships with Senior and C-level executives
- Masters in business or related field
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.