AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businessines in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Reporting to the Vice President of AccuWeather for Business (AFB) Sales, the ideal candidate is an experienced sales/business development professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on leading-edge weather and climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients. "The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability and climate change, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this affects wider society and the environment.
We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and climate change and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business.
We are passionate about our customers, people and their safety. AccuWeather employees take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. If you share our values and are motivated by opportunities to shape climate strategy and disclosure to make a real impact, we urge you to apply for this position. You will have the opportunity to work with and support a globally recognized team of the best meteorologist, analyst, sales and business development experts and will have exposure to a client base that spans the world.
- Manages Clients and Projects
- Builds strong and trusted relationships with clients and/or business partners
- Demonstrates expertise in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities, conducting economic and technical analyses.
- Advise and manage climate-related projects including the design and development of a robust ground floor offering that could include Atmospheric Effects on both people and physical infrastructure.
- Support development of climate change strategy, action planning, and modeling of and setting science-based sales targets.
- Thinks strategically in order to influence decision-makers and outcomes.
- Distills complexity from detail to effectively coach colleagues to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and oversight through the project lifecycle, including business development, sales, scoping, budget and delivery.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, and a mastery of impactful client communication.
- Teamwork and Organization
- Effectively collaborates internally to bring our services to existing clients.
- Mentors junior staff in the proper planning and execution of projects, and in directing or conducting independent technical reviews of deliverable work products.
- Supports the overall growth and development of AFB’s climate change services. • Identifies, evaluates, cultivates and manages partnerships and relationships with senior clients, external stakeholders and key opinion leaders.
- Manages a team of up to three junior consultants.
- Demonstrates strong people management skills; particularly the ability to support, coach and celebrate others in order to advance employee engagement and achieve results.
- Acts as advisor and supports projects in North America and beyond as needed. Business Development Activities
- Supports Account Management teams in meeting sales goals.
- Supports new business development campaigns, proposals, and pitches.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree in engineering, meteorology or basic/applied science (such as physics, chemistry, material sciences, environmental science, earth sciences, etc.) or economics.
- 8-12+ years of relevant work experience in international consultancy or private sector
- A thorough understanding of technical, economic, policy and market challenges and opportunities associated with Climate Change/Sustainability
- Experience with ESG standards and guidelines such as SASB, GRI, TCFD, SBTi
- Experience with GHG protocols (reporting, TCFD), data sets, and U.S./international standards, expert in GHG measurement, inventories and reporting – in particular Scope 3
- Understanding of product vs. company footprint
- Enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and a desire to work in a growing, dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills.
- Experience of line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates is a plus.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
- Bilingual English – either in French/Spanish
While we are considering remote positions, in the United States AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MS, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.