AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businessines in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The Associate Product Manager, Apps will be a key member of a team of Product Managers for the award winning iOS and Android AccuWeather app at AccuWeather. This position will work cross-functionally with Design, Mobile Development, Quality Assurance and Data Analytics in an Agile environment to define and deliver the best possible customer experience for features launched on the AccuWeather App.
The Associate Product Manager will also work closely with the Product Manager, Mobile Apps to leverage qualitative and quantitative user feedback to continuously identify ways to enrich and improve upon existing features in the app. This role is a defining opportunity in your career to shape products and services that have a real impact on lives and property. This role is positioned to grow into a Product Manager in the future.
If you have a passion for science, technology, and leveraging big data, as well as an outstanding track record, this is the role for you.
- Lead delivery of features that contribute to the achievement of product goals for the AccuWeather App, as well as participate in all elements of the end-to-end execution
- Own the end-to-end success of projects from requirements definition through design, development, launch, and post-launch analysis
- Clearly articulate the features required to meet your specific product needs by producing product requirement documents to the highest of standards
- Document clear requirements for the many respective teams involved in a product launch (Design, Development, Analytics, etc.)
- Lead a scrum team and manage development sprints comprising of development and quality assurance to execute against your plans set by the Product Leadership team
- Create exceptional user experiences through collaboration with product experience team – UX/UI/Interaction – while also maximizing revenue by supporting monetization efforts
- Ideate new opportunities for AccuWeather to develop features against consumer needs throughout the conversion funnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in product management, project management or product development
- Experience writing detailed requirements for products, such as wire frames, criteria, and business cases
- Must be comfortable to prioritize a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals and implications
- Comfortable making independent decisions and thinking through all product ramifications
- Ability to write detailed JIRA tickets in order to help developers understand the work that is needed
- Experience, as well as understanding of implement and use, with analytical tools such as Google Analytics or Firebase
- Experience working within the Scrum framework and familiarity with cutting edge product management tools
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with teams of all levels and backgrounds problems.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.