AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businessines in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The Mobile Quality Engineer (QE) of Automation provides support to the Mobile QE Automation Lead and Manager and is responsible for building an automation test suite. You will leverage tools such as Jenkins, Java, Appium, Selenium or framework tools designed by the Mobile QE Automation Lead. This role is also responsible for designing, implementing and supporting solutions for automation testing regression and in-sprint automation.
This mid-level position may be based at either of AccuWeather's offices in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania, but candidates who plan to work remotely in North America will also be considered.
- Develop, maintain, and support automation suite for regression testing
- Support CI/CD Pipeline and ensure seamless integration of testing assets into pipeline
- Maintain technical proficiency for programming languages and industry standard processes
- Review, investigate and follow defects logging processes based on daily and weekly Automation runs
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management for all mobile environments used
- Support and monitor daily health checks in place
- Be a self-starter and self-governing within an Agile environment
- Drive in-sprint automation within core team by working in collaboration with Design UI/UX, Development and Product
- Follow coding best practices while scripting
- Develop automation script using internal automation framework and suggest improvements/innovations as necessary
- Infrequently travel to AccuWeather’s offices in New York City, Montreal and State College, Pennsylvania, after the pandemic is anticipated
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering
- 2 or more years of experience of testing with REST/SOAP
- 3 or more years of automation hands-on experience in test automation framework, coding within Mobile test domain (Appium, Selenium, Java, etc.)
- General/Technical Skills:
- Solid understanding of test processes and methodology
- Competent in building automation scripts and working with Cloud native architecture, CI/CD pipeline, Java, Appium, Selenium, Jenkins, API, Micro-Services
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC, requirement analysis and test management practices
- Working knowledge of initiating automation test runs through SauceLabs or similar platform
- Hands-on knowledge of test automation using Selenium, Appium, Java or equivalent and an understanding of best coding practices
- Experience with CI/CD and related techniques and tools
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of analytics
- Demonstrated to be a self-initiator and able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- In the United States, AccuWeather is only able to hire team members in the following states due to taxation purposes: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI and WY
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.