AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will lead a highly collaborative product development team to drive planning, execution and delivery of features and execute on a range of products across the AccuWeather global portfolio. The Senior Technical Project Manager (TPM) helps bring clarity to ambiguity, and acts as simplifiers and enablers, while constantly striving for operational excellence. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced project leader with strong technical background.
- Work with teams of engineers, architects, designers, and quality engineers, from developing new features, owning cross-team programs, to investing into our foundational technologies across all phases of the software development process
- Bring clarity and understanding to complex technology projects
- Lead across project verticals to identify constraints, dependencies, issues
- Design and implement best practices and processes that enable teams to move quickly and efficiently
- Continuously create and maintain clarity in project roadmaps, status, risks, and mitigation plans
- Drive visibility, accountability, and execution across their areas of software development for the organization
- Understand product requirements, technical challenges, business needs, and develop a plan for mitigating risk and delivering features that meet the requirements
- Resolve conflicts, maintain clarity on priorities and drive progress on execution
- Guide and mentor other project managers and scrum masters within the team
- Help create and foster a team culture of executional excellence and high product quality
- Minimum of 10 years’ project management experience that includes working with agile methodologies
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Project Management or equivalent professional experience
- Experience shipping multiple complex software programs or features simultaneously
- Knowledge of software development best practices and frameworks
- Expertise in building and managing relationships across teams, disciplines, and stakeholders
- Experience in leading and influencing others
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited institution
- Familiarity with the AccuWeather brand and weather-related content
- Experience in consumer products
- Curious and globally oriented
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.