AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for engaging with internal stakeholders to develop and maintain a high performing vendor portfolio that meets the evolving needs of the company.
- Work in concert with the Supply Chain Manager to continue our efforts to centralize procurement operations and enhance vendor management practices.
- Participate in contract negotiations across the organization, with the end goal of owning increasingly complex vendor relationships.
- Work closely with our Legal and Accounts Payable teams to review new contracts and vendor relationships.
- Provide analysis and reporting to internal business leaders on completed negotiations, potential savings opportunities, and future contract renewals and engagements.
- Participate in fiscal planning activities across the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field, or a combination of education and experience in procurement.
- 0-2 years of procurement management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with using Microsoft Excel for report generation with knowledge of macros
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.