AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Senior Manager of Audience Engagement to manage and lead initiatives that introduce AccuWeather’s content to new readers (audience growth) and build loyalty with existing readers (retention & regular engagement) across all our digital platforms including Web and App. This person will partner with AccuWeathers product leadership to craft initiatives and develop distribution strategies that extend the reach and amplification of content via web & app push notifications, in-app messaging, SEO and other avenues. This position is joining an expanding Analytics & Audience team and will collaborate extensively with their analytics counterparts, as well as product managers, editors and operational meteorologists on day-to-day execution and longer-term strategy. Using analytics, research and insights, the Senior Manager will work closely on a daily basis to execute against daily audience engagement metrics (e.g. push) with the support of the Editorial, Meteorology and Forecasting teams. This is a hands-on role to strategize and craft messaging to ensure timely execution and delivery of notifications. Afterall, notifications involving news and the weather cannot be late!
The ideal candidate will be someone who deeply understands the digital media industry, is highly analytical, and is creative with the ability to incorporate data and testing into the strategy and decision-making process. This person should also be comfortable working at the intersection of editorial, audience development, analytics, product management, and consumer marketing, hence a combination of data, creativity, an eye for design, the ability to write, and be well-versed is critical to be successful in this position.
The position is based in the AccuWeather offices in New York City, NY or State College, Pennsylvania on a hybrid schedule (2-3 days a week). Fully remote candidates will be considered based on experience. Some travel might be required (when travel restrictions are lifted) and availability on weekends during major weather events may be required.
- Collaborate with product leadership, analytics, editorial and weather forecasting teams to develop and execute data-driven audience growth and retention strategies across organic search (SEO), in-app and push communication strategies. This position is a hands-on role that requires the Senior Manager to work within the Airship (App) and Pushly (Web) consoles to deliver messages directly to users
- Assist in the production and execution of push notifications and work with the editorial and meteorology teams to guide daily content curation and distribution
- Work closely with analytics and digital leadership to determine and meet growth KPIs
- Collaborate with editors to optimize all stories for each major distribution channel, and collaborate with product, SEO and technology teams to optimize the site for SEO
- Act as a single source of contact (enterprise wide) for SEO and desktop/app push strategy
- Work with Associate Manager of Analytics to conduct performance analyses to inform product, editorial, and business decision-making, with an eye toward digital media trends
- Develop and execute data-driven audience growth and retention plans that are consistent with the brand's mission and corporate initiatives
- Manage A/B testing plan for subject lines, content, and send times to constantly improve engagement
- Oversee the creation and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly reporting on traffic and engagement trends.
- Identify new growth opportunities and best practices based on emerging digital trends, competitive business intelligence, and consumer insight.
- 6+ years of progressive professional experience in user acquisition, audience development, and/or growth marketing
- Expertise in two or more of the following distribution channels: Push Notification, Email Marketing, in-app messaging and SEO
- Previous experience in successfully creating, executing and analyzing A/B test strategies across platforms, particularly push messaging
- Strong analytics experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Data Studio, ChartBeat, Parsley, Looker, and other analytics tools
- Ability to clearly articulate and present analyses to all levels of AccuWeather’s leadership teams
- A clear understanding of digital publishing based on direct experience at a media organization or agency role, with a successful prior track record in creating, driving and quantifying KPIs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with weather platforms or interest in weather forecasting or meteorology highly desired
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.