AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Manager – Financial Reporting and Budget, the Financial Reporting Specialist would be responsible for monitoring, creating, and generating financial reports as needed by Department, Line of Business, and Company as it relates to AccuWeather, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Manage financial reports.
- Generate and tie out monthly financial reports.
- Update financial reports with new account numbers and products.
- Adjust reports to appropriately reflect changes in departments and lines of business.
- Reconcile discrepancies in financial reports.
- Create and update monthly and yearly column formats for financial reports.
- Create and reconcile new financial reports as requested.
- Assist the Manager – Financial Reporting and Budget and FP&A team with annual budget processes.
- Assist with communication with budget owners to update and adjust budgets.
- Monitor and assist with all entries to the budget system.
- Import Master, Payroll, and Balance Sheet Budgets into the Accounting Software.
- Search for end of year accruals to assure proper recognition.
- Create and reconcile monthly prepaid journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial operating results.
- Enter legal invoices into the Accounting Software.
- Assist legal vendors and the General Counsel with any legal invoice questions.
- Update Fin 48 report each month and send to the auditors.
- Upload monthly financial reports to SharePoint.
- Monitor access to budgets and financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or a combination of education and experience is required;
- Knowledge of Management Reporter
- Experience with SharePoint or other shared file services
- Have an ability to manage and analyze financial reports;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word are required;
- Must be detail oriented and capable of handling a large volume of data;
- Should have strong customer service skills (customers being employees);
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential for this position;
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.