AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices in NYC, Kansas and around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
As the GM of Enterprise Business Subscription Services, you will be responsible for building, managing, and developing AccuWeather’s subscription line of business, servicing the SMB market. The role will work closely with sales, marketing, and product to roll out new products and services, selling SaaS driven subscription products. These include consumer paid apps, APIs, alert emails, data, and maps and services for specific industries and needs. This role will be responsible for discovering new market sectors, growing the user base of customers, and managing annual revenue targets.
- Substantially accelerate growth of the subscription business – adding new products and expanding the existing base of products and customers
- Collaborate with product and BD and marketing to lead the growth of the subscription business and align revenue strategy with overall company objectives
- Develop and implement a new SaaS portal that acts as a landing page for all subscription products. Work with marketing to develop a targeted a customer acquisition strategy - prospecting/demand generation through paid media and AccuWeather’s O&O properties.
- Leverage CRM data to construct, forecast, and manage sales activities
- Drive growth to the subscription business into new sectors. Upsell existing customers into the larger enterprise business where possible
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in B2B/SaaS business experience
- Record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to develop new subscription products
- Experience with lead generation and outbound prospecting
- Passion, drive and the desire to be a part of a growing team that makes a difference for both the company and our clients
- Exceptional in-person, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial work environment where self-motivated individuals succeed
- Established relationships with Senior and C-level executives
- Masters in business or related field
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.