AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Senior Macintosh Systems Administrator, the Macintosh System Administrator will guide the growth, technological evolution, and maintenance of all AccuWeather’s Macintosh computers, their software and related technologies. This position features the flexibility to have a 4 day work week of 10 hour shifts Tuesday through Friday.
- Manage the Macintosh platform in AccuWeather
- Administer and maintain all Macintosh based servers, workstations, and backups in a mission critical 24/7 zero down time environment
- Assist in the specification of all Macintosh related purchases and upgrades including both hardware and software
- Collaborate with all members of AccuWeather’s IT group to coordinate and integrate AccuWeather’s Macintosh systems with the rest of AccuWeather’s computer systems
- Collaborate with key members of AccuWeather’s staff to determine appropriate uses for AccuWeather’s Macintosh technology, and to help resolves technical issues
- Maintain a current technical knowledge of the Macintosh computer industry, and apply that knowledge to make informed decisions regarding AccuWeather’s Macintosh technology
- Research Macintosh related technologies that may have potential benefit for AccuWeather
- Perform installations and configurations of Macintosh related hardware and software
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of all Macintosh hardware and software
- Assist in the determination of standards for AccuWeather’s Macintosh systems, both hardware and software
- Antivirus/EDR monitoring and cleanup.
- Provide support to customers by phone, email, and/or webinar with a focus on efficiently resolving technical issues while building and maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to independently solve customer issues and clearly communicate with end users.
- Maintain an accurate inventory for all Macintosh equipment and software
- Ensure all Macintosh and related software & services are functioning efficiently, while identifying needs for upgrades & reconfigurations
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted clients.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary
- Support IT infrastructure for moves & new office spaces
- Perform such other tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time in the Company's discretion
- At least four years of Macintosh systems administration experience in a mission critical 24/7 zero down time environment
- Experience with electronic desktop publishing and all of the major publishing software
- Expert in the troubleshooting and repair of Macintosh hardware and software
- Expertise in the configuration and maintenance of Macintosh hardware and software
- Expert experience in utilizing Apple Remote desktop and MDM solutions
- Experience utilizing Macintosh technology for professional audio applications
- Fluent with Office, Filemaker Pro, Filemaker Pro Server, Adobe Products and common office communication and productivity tools Must be able to work effectively under stress
- Able to work effectively under stress
- Apple Technical Certification
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High attention to detail
- Optimistic and helpful attitude: You are a team player and will offer to help out whenever possible
- Takes initiative to continually learn & enhance technical knowledge & skills
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.