AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Reporting directly to the Senior Macintosh Systems Engineer, the mid-level position for Macintosh System Administrator II will guide the growth, technological evolution, and maintenance of all AccuWeather’s Macintosh computers, their software and related technologies. This position features the flexibility to have a 4 day work week of 10 hour shifts Tuesday through Friday.
- Manage the Macintosh platform in AccuWeather
- Administer and maintain all Macintosh based servers, workstations, and backups in a mission critical 24/7 zero down time environment
- Assist in the specification of all Macintosh related purchases and upgrades including both hardware and software
- Collaborate with all members of AccuWeather’s IT group to coordinate and integrate AccuWeather’s Macintosh systems with the rest of AccuWeather’s computer systems
- Collaborate with key members of AccuWeather’s staff to determine appropriate uses for AccuWeather’s Macintosh technology, and to help resolves technical issues
- Maintain a current technical knowledge of the Macintosh computer industry, and apply that knowledge to make informed decisions regarding AccuWeather’s Macintosh technology
- Research Macintosh related technologies that may have potential benefit for AccuWeather
- Perform installations and configurations of Macintosh related hardware and software
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of all Macintosh hardware and software
- Assist in the determination of standards for AccuWeather’s Macintosh systems, both hardware and software
- Antivirus/EDR monitoring and cleanup.
- Provide support to customers by phone, email, and/or webinar with a focus on efficiently resolving technical issues while building and maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to independently solve customer issues and clearly communicate with end users.
- Maintain an accurate inventory for all Macintosh equipment and software
- Ensure all Macintosh and related software & services are functioning efficiently, while identifying needs for upgrades & reconfigurations
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted clients.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary
- Support IT infrastructure for moves & new office spaces
- Perform such other tasks and duties as may be required or assigned from time to time in the Company's discretion
- At least four years of Macintosh systems administration experience in a mission critical 24/7 zero down time environment
- Experience with electronic desktop publishing and all of the major publishing software
- Expert in the troubleshooting and repair of Macintosh hardware and software
- Expertise in the configuration and maintenance of Macintosh hardware and software
- Expert experience in utilizing Apple Remote desktop and MDM solutions
- Experience utilizing Macintosh technology for professional audio applications
- Fluent with Office, Filemaker Pro, Filemaker Pro Server, Adobe Products and common office communication and productivity tools
- Able to work effectively under stress
- Apple Technical Certification
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High attention to detail
- Optimistic and helpful attitude: You are a team player and will offer to help out whenever possible
- Takes initiative to continually learn & enhance technical knowledge & skills
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.