AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of QA & Delivery, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for ensuring initiatives and projects are properly supported through requirements gathering, stakeholder analysis, process mapping, gap analysis, and project planning. This position will work cross-functionally with Development, Product and other groups, in an Agile-based development environment, to deliver best of breed experiences that cater to a global audience.
- Works closely with stakeholders to gather requirements and analyze information
- Collaborate with teams regarding product requirements, design, and architecture
- Analyze and translate business requirements into functional and non-functional specs
- Serves as the requirements liaison between the business, product, and IT teams
- Works with stakeholders and project teams to prioritize collected requirements
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and non-developers alike
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5 or more years of experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 3 or more years of experience in related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with exceptional collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Inquisitive and able to challenge effectively and manage conflicting stakeholder needs
- Ability to tailor communication style to your audience
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and cross-functional challenges
- Self-driven with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.