AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
As a UX Designer/Writer, you will help shape AccuWeather’s product experiences by creating meaningful user flows, interfaces and copy to help users interpret weather data and visualizations, complete tasks, and act on lifesaving information. You will collaborate with AccuWeather designers, product managers, developers, researchers, marketers, content creators and meteorologists to create AccuWeather experiences that are both business and consumer facing.
You are able to execute AccuWeather’s brand voice by researching, planning, designing and writing for web and mobile experiences. User flows, dashboards, visualizations, product tours, email reports, education materials, and more are all digital touch points that require easy to use interfaces and meticulously crafted copy that is intuitive, informative and when necessary, persuasive. And while you should be able to contribute to high-level strategic decisions that shape user journeys, you should also be passionate about introducing and maintaining UX patterns and copy standards across AccuWeather experiences. You need to be passionate about user centered design, and never lose sight of putting the user first. It is imperative that you understand the AccuWeather audience and create experiences that balance their needs with business objectives.
- Create user flows/journeys, site maps, wireframes and prototypes to support various audiences throughout the product lifecycle.
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve AccuWeather’s content, including user interface language, microcopy, help content, labels, and navigation, ensuring the content strategy and copy decisions resonate with users.
- Create and maintain guidelines and style guides that include tone of voice and provide on-going feedback to establish best practices and help maintain consistency across features and products.
- Help drive and participate in quantitative and qualitative research to identify opportunities to improve user experiences and metrics.
- Embrace a culture of feedback, sharing your work early and often.
- Navigate a fast-paced environment with team members in different offices by balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a UX Designer, with proven ability to thrive within a user-centered design process.
- Experience creating UX related artifacts with tools such as Sketch, Axure, Adobe Suite, InVision, and using online research services such as usertesting.com, userzoom.com, etc.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within UX and creative teams to create intuitive, informative and persuasive experiences.
- Excellent presentation and overall communication skills.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for designing and writing copy for all forms of digital experiences.
- Proven ability to work across different projects at the same time.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.