AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
With responsibility for all aspects of the AccuWeather for Business (AFB), the Senior VP of Enterprise Businesses is a dynamic, proven leader with the solid business experience and developing subscription business and vision to maximize revenue and profit from this growing line of business. Reporting directly to the Founder/CEO, this executive will focus on accelerating the growth of revenue and profitability by using AccuWeather capabilities and cooperating with other divisions to develop new and enhance existing products. This role will also grow the Small and Medium business (SMB) subscription offerings as a lower tier offering to the AFB customer base while working with product to develop mobile app pay tiers for consumers.
- Create and lead the strategic vision to achieve and exceed AFB strategic and business unit goals. Secure approval of business vision.
- Develop and expand the personal and organizational knowledge of markets, products, customers and competition required to achieve business unit goals.
- Must have great understanding of the B2B SAAS business market and how to sell and segment for these audiences.
- Prepare the annual business plan to include profit, revenue and sales goals, personnel budgets, investment in research and development, and marketing.
- Create or lead creation of product roadmap to achieve and exceed business unit goals.
- Drive product definition and product development to deliver a continual flow of new and enhanced products that produce value for customers and profit for AccuWeather.
- Lead direct reports and collaborate with functional managers to achieve and exceed goals in operations, product development, outbound marketing, product definition, and sales.
- Oversee the development and success of the AFB team.
- Perform other duties and tasks as they are assigned or become relevant.
- Successful experience growing a business line with data & analytics product and service is a must.
- Experience in the B2B sales space.
- Successful in building SMB products and digital subscription offerings
- A minimum of 8 years demonstrated leadership experience with track record of increased responsibilities and the ability to inspire and lead high performing teams.
- Proven, success in sales, marketing, and growth of a business unit is required.
- Demonstrated success in effective project management and personnel management.
- A proven track record working in a high tech or similar environment is preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated history of influencing decision-making across all levels of management is required.
- Previous experience in a matrixed environment.
- Knowledge of meteorology or science helpful
- MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.