AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business, radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Production Designer will be an integral part of the AccuWeather Design team, supporting in the execution of creative outputs across branding, print, and digital. This highly technical, cross-platform role will take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and adhearence to AccuWeather brand guidelines. Our ideal candidate is a visual perfectionist who thrives on file organization and is driven to perfect ideas with technical skills.
- Produce visually refined, pixel perfect production files for digital and print outputs including, but not limited to: email, paid marketing, social, ebooks, brochures, posters, etc.
- Work quickly and efficiently, while striving to find a better way to perform (keyboard shortcuts, general workflows, etc.)
- Be an active team collaborator in the production process to improve team practices
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in a production role
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Knowledge of best practices for display advertising
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, and Google Slides
- An understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices
- Strong understanding of digital design and layouts, including preparing files for digital output
- Proficient in preparing files for print production
- Deep knowledge of production specs, resolution, and file formatting
- A passion for details with impeccably-organized files
- Enjoys working across various mediums
- An understanding and passion for design systems
- Motivated collaborator with an ability to work well across teams
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, highly energetic atmosphere
- Distinct portfolio with a highly refined aesthetic
- Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills
- Intellectually curious
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.