AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master with a passion for making teams more efficient and productive. The Senior Scrum Master of Web should like to guide and coach scrum teams, have good interpersonal skills, and demonstrates the ability to work on multiple Agile projects of varying complexity. This position will facilitate Agile processes within AccuWeather’s web teams, enabling delivery of high quality and customer-focused software.
- Facilitate the Agile process, including Scrum ceremonies, and coach and mentor teams
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Design teams to ensure objectives are met throughout the lifecycle
- Works with stakeholders to identify and clarify priorities and overall roadmap
- Helps determine and maintain overall team velocity and capacity with regards to the project roadmap and planning / prioritization
- Coach one or more Scrum/Kanban teams and help identify solutions to issues raised during retrospectives or throughout the lifecycle
- Spearhead process optimizations based on team performance metrics and other relevant data
- Learn AccuWeather’s products and contribute to product improvement
- Proactively identify project risks and conflicts and work with management to resolve
- Assist Product Manager with release and project planning
- Hold training sessions for teams and new hires on Agile and delivery processes
- Foster a team environment and troubleshoot to solve conflicts and maintain team effectiveness
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5 or more years of experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 3 or more years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful implementations to high-impact or complex challenges
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile tools, techniques, principles, and values
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to construct Scrum teams and maintain the framework on an on-going basis
- Proven ability to lead and drive teams to conceptualize, develop, and implement concepts using various tools and techniques
- Experience using industry standard Agile tools such as Jira
- Adaptable to engage on Scrum Master, Agile Coach, and Project Manager roles as needed
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.