AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Video Producer Editor for AccuWeather will be producing compelling video segments for the award-winning AccuWeather Television Network on a daily and as-needed schedule, as well as for our digital platform. The Video Producer Editor will work with a team of on-air broadcasters, director, graphics, studio crew to develop innovative and engaging content. The weather and the news require 24/7/365 coverage and, the video producer editor will be required to work differing hours, depending on the severity of the weather situation or breaking news story.
This position will work at AccuWeather's Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Work closely with content managers to research, write, produce, edit and program top videos for multiple platforms.
- Arrange interviews with individuals and agencies in a bid to gather information for news items.
- Exercise strong editorial judgment and adhere to company’s standards and practices.
- General understanding of video delivery systems (FTP, Google Drive, etc.)
- Contribute to company’s digital and social media platforms on a daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is necessary in this role.
- BA or BS in journalism, communications or meteorology from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience in a dynamic, live news production environment at a television station or broadcast network
- Demonstrate teamwork by working cooperatively with videographers, producers and other team members
- Knowledge of standard field camera and related broadcast equipment
- Proficiency in non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere for example)
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.