AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Broadcast Technician is responsible for performing a variety of production tasks including working in the control room to record and edit short segments for on-air and online, quality control of produced content as well as camera operations. This role will also be responsible for all aspects of maintaining and ensuring the reliability and quality of the AccuWeather Network video channels.
The Broadcast Technician will work at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and will receive training across multiple functions and will be scheduled to perform them on a rotational basis.
- Perform ingest and quality control duties for on-air content airing on cable networks.
- Produce daily weather content in a traditional control room setting including chroma-key.
- Monitor quality of all recorded content.
- Assemble broadcast-quality packages quickly and efficiently when needed.
- Monitor and maintain the continuity and availability for all AccuWeather video networks.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Continue to exceed expectations in on-air reliability and customer service for all clientele.
- Ensure reliability of on-air schedules in a dynamic environment.
- Ensure all videos and products reach their destinations timely and correctly.
- Coordinate with AccuWeather's on-air meteorologists daily to ensure the video content is of the very best quality.
- Coordinate, book, produce and direct LIVE segments via fiber uplink.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to the clients or any internal requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in related field with at least 1 year of experience (internships included) in an on-air broadcast environment with focus on live broadcasts
- Prior knowledge of switchers, routers, comms, ingest and automation systems
- Experience in ingest and quality control processes
- Understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
- Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio troubleshooting and test techniques
- Ability to be flexible in approach and respond well to pressure
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and process skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work overnights, weekends and most holidays, as required, along with being available for occasional overtime needs
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.