AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Technology Support, the Windows System Administrator II will be responsible for procurement, configuration, and monitoring of end-user hardware and software, in addition to providing Tier 2 support for user devices and accounts.
- Manage desktop and helpdesk support efforts, including triage, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Conduct regular audits of Software Licenses and Hardware.
- Maintain internal team documentation on Sharepoint and local fileshares.
- Manage procurement of Windows PC’s, Laptops, and accessories.
- Manage the process of machine imaging, software installation, patching, and full lifecycle support for computing hardware and peripherals.
- Work closely with other core team members regarding the updating of computer software, as well as upgrading hardware and systems.
- Manage computer related inventory utilizing the Microsoft System Center Suite
- Manage user accounts, storage, and mailboxes in accordance with established company standards and industry best practices.
- Maintain the overall design of the AccuWeather A/V systems and ensure audio visual conferencing technologies meet business requirements and are marketed effectively.
- Work closely with leadership regarding vendor maintenance agreements, software licenses, software deployment, and computer related supplies.
- Research and provide feedback on the purchase of new computer hardware and software.
- Deploy mobile equipment to company groups. Includes activation, issue and recovery and correct disposal of all mobile equipment.
- Provide support for mobile devices, including, phones, tablets, and hotspots
- Research and monitor technological advancements and trends in IT support.
- Any other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
- Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in a technology role.
- Strong knowledge and experience with administration of Windows and Mobile (IOS/Android) operating systems.
- Understanding of basic network functionality including IP addresses, DHCP, DNS, and wired/wireless connectivity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- Working knowledge of Zoom and Slack
- Experience with use and administration of System Center Suite
- Experience with use and administration of Office 365
- Experience with use of Dynamics 365 for Sales and Finance & Operations
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 27001 standards
- Familiarity with basic information security principles
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.